Saturday, August 24, 2013

Bye-Bye Training Wheels!

At the beginning of summer I had Maysen pick a race that we could run together.  I did not realize that she would find a 1.5 mile walk!  She knows how to beat the system.  Anyway, our walk to "Save the Wolves" was today.  It was up by the University of Utah (Shoreline Trail).  The weather was perfect and I had a great time with Maysen.  She was such a good sport.
Maysen
 Maysen and Stephanie
This afternoon Maysen and I went to pick up Mike from the airport.  I made Maysen drive both ways.  She was not happy about that. Grumble, grumble, grumble.  So glad to have Mike home!  Especially since this trip was a huge success!

Mike and I gave Preston the goal of learning to ride his bike without training wheels this summer.  He has not wanted to try.  Not even a little bit.  Now that summer is over, he decided to go for it.  Mike, Preston and Jorja went to the church parking lot.  I came down about ten minutes later and was shocked to see Preston riding his bike!  I did not think he would figure it out that quick.  He was so happy!  The only problem he seems to have is that he talks so much.  He keeps getting distracted by his own conversation that he almost crashes.  I love him.
Preston!  
Jorja, Preston and Mike

No comments: