Monday, July 8, 2013

West Table to Sheep Gulch

Ella lost a tooth this morning.  She was so excited about it!  Adorable!
Ella
Stockton LOVES babies!  I love watching him playing with Amelia. Love that kid!
Amelia and Stockton
Abby loves playing with Jorja.  I'm surprised I didn't get any pictures of them playing together.  Abby calls her, "My Jorja".  Matt was sitting on the couch next to Jorja and Abby was so mad at him!  She burst into tears crying, "My Jorja!  My Jorja!"  Matt moved and Abby sat next to her as happy as she could be.  Maysen would want to do something for Abby and she would say, "No!  My Jorja!"  Haha! It was awesome.

Today we spent most of the day on the river.  Sharon is so nice to allow us this opportunity.  We found out at the end of the day that Sharon had been sent a Cease and Desist order.  She is not allowed to run the river for profit.  Sharon never charges anything.  She is so far in the hole if they added up everything Sharon provides and receives nothing in return.  They said that they would throw her in jail if she didn't stop running the river.  The park rangers just can't believe that Sharon does this because she loves sharing the river with others.  She loves the river so much it is ridiculous they give her so much grief about it.  Sharon does try to take everyone down who wants to go, so she practically lives here during the river season.  I guess the park rangers can't believe that someone as awesome as Sharon even exists.

Anyway, we made two runs today.  Maysen and Stockton came with us on the first run.  I was wishing they were there for the second run also. We hit the waves a lot better.  It was so much fun!  We also stopped for some cliff diving.  It is super scary climbing up the cliff.  I got half way up and decided it wasn't worth it.  You had to belly crawl on a super small ledge.  Then you had to lean over and catch your life vest.  Mike did it, but I was content just to watch.  When we finished the second run Sharon asked us if we wanted to Belly Whomp.  We had never done that before.  Sharon turned over the raft.  Four people used paddles and splashed water on the raft.  We then ran down the ramp and used it as a slip and slide.  It was pretty fun.  I got a ton of water up my nose the first time.  Whoops.
Stockton
 Maysen, Matt and Stockton
 Maysen and Stockton
 Stockton, Mike, Maysen, Stephanie
(Matt and Lauren in the background)
 Stockton, Mike, Maysen, Stephanie
(this time Bubs is in the background)

No comments: