Sunday, July 7, 2013

Star Valley Temple Site

Mike and I spent the morning putting together Amazing Race tickets. They turned out pretty cool.  Mike printed the Amazing Race logo on one half of a piece of cardstock.  We had the clue printed out on a smaller paper.  Too bad I don't have a picture, they really looked cool. Anyway, Mike folded the cardstock and glued around the edges.  He passed the ticket to me and I put the clue inside and sealed the edges. Mike then took my mom's old sewing scoring tool and made perforated edges.  They looked great when they were done!  I wish we had all of the tickets printed, this was such a perfect thing to do today.
Mike (Abby & Lincoln)
 Mike scoring the tickets
This afternoon we went to church.  It was about a half hour away. Three of my four kids zonked out.  Maysen stayed awake, mostly because it was her turn with the Wii.
Maysen and sleepy Preston
 Jorja and Stockton, Matt is watching Maysen play
After church we were able to find the future site of the Star Valley Wyoming Temple.  My dad had the address, and he also talked to the bishop who gave him directions.  The bishop's directions were, "When you get to the Maverick Corporate Headquarters turn down a little dirt road.  It will be between two houses."  Or something like that.  I can't remember exactly.  It was fun to look for though.
Matt and Dad
 Look excited Matt!
 Two explorers.  The rest of us stayed in the car.
 This is the other side of the small dirt road.
The temple could be here too Dad!
 Gotta love the world's largest antler bridge!  Haha!
 Bubs and Amelia
I was only able to play three games today.  Dominion (of course), Ticket to Ride and Settlers.  I won all three of them.  Matt says my 100% record is weak because I have only played four games at the cabin.  Most of my time was dominated by the Amazing Race.  I'm excited for it, but it will sure be nice when it is over!

My dad set up a photo scavenger hunt for the kids.  He took pictures of random things and had them find a slip of paper he hid by them.  Jorja, Ella and Abby won.  Jorja was fast!  She notices lots of weird things. Preston and Lincoln loved this game and made their own.  Here is an example of one of Preston's pictures.  Perfect cabin game for them.

No comments: