Monday, July 1, 2013

Rolling in the Dough

Today was our last home swim meet.  Mike and I are pretty excited about that.  The kids have loved doing the snow cones, but it sure is exhausting.  Three weeks in a row were kind of hard, especially since Mike had to leave work early to make this happen.  The kids loved it though, so that is good.

Stockton didn't do as well at this meet as he has in the past.  His last dive was a new dive and he didn't get it quite right.  He needed to have a twist at the end, but ended up not twisting enough.  He had a great time though and didn't let that one dive get to him.
Stockton
The boys played around awhile between the dive and swim meet.  I'm glad no one got hurt!
Stockton and Preston
It was so hot today!  Completely different from last week.  Here is Preston finishing his freestyle.  He is so cute to watch!
Preston ~ 25 free ~ 1:37.38
Jorja was exhausted the entire meet.  At first I thought it was just the heat.  Then I asked her if she ate any lunch.  Nope.  She had a small breakfast and that was it.  What a good mom I am!  I was so worried on getting everything ready for their snow cones, I didn't even make sure she ate!  In my defense, Jorja usually raises herself anyway and only needs me for moral support. :)  Anyway, Jorja had a lot of races and was so exhausted.  I brought snacks, but at this point it wasn't helping a whole lot.  She finished her races and did great.  Hopefully I won't make this same mistake again!
Jorja
 Jorja ~ 50 free ~ 54:43 ~ 50 breast ~ 1:00.75
Jorja competed in an IM for the first time.  I was so proud of her! Especially since by this time she was completely wiped out!  Hopefully she'll be brave enough to try it again!  I would love to watch her do it when she has more energy!
Jorja ~ 100 IM ~ 2:12.81
Jorja crawled out of the pool and collapsed on the lawn after her IM. What a trooper.
Jorja
Preston actually swims his backstroke faster then his freestyle.  What? It will be nice when we finally get our pool working.  I am going to feel a lot more confident with him out there!
Preston ~ 25 back ~ 1:16.22
Too bad Preston hit his head as he was coming in.  He wasn't happy about that.
Preston
The kids made a killing with the snow cones.  They only had about $30 in supplies today.  Both Stockton and Jorja earned $76.  Preston earned $20.  Preston was a little disappointed that we only gave him $20.  I told him that was pretty good money to earn just sitting there and handing over a couple of cups!  This was a good little job for the kids, but Mike and I are sure glad it is over!
Money bags Stockton
 Money bags Jorja

No comments: