Friday, July 5, 2013

Pebble

After work, Mike talked the kids into going swimming with him.  I didn't want to get in, but I sat outside on the swing and watched them. It was so relaxing.  I wish we wouldn't have listened to the insurance guy and just got the pool ready anyway.  Plus, the insurance people most likely aren't going to pay anything anyway.  How annoying.
Stockton
 Mike, Preston, Jorja
This morning I was looking at Jorja's frogs.  I discovered that Pebble had died during the night.  I did not want to tell Jorja.  At the same time, I didn't want her to discover him and be in shock.  She loves Pebble so much.  I pulled Jorja aside and told her that I thought Pebble had died.  She ran downstairs and checked on him.  She handled this so well.  Her other frogs she sobbed loud and uncontrollably.  This one she teared up and cried, but she was so grown up about it.  Her eyes were red most of the day.  Poor sweet little girl.  I took Jorja and Preston to Seagull Book this afternoon to help get Jorja's mind off of her frog. They have Webkinz there for $3.00.  She picked out a few more friends.

Before bed Mike helped Jorja find a cute box to bury Pebble in.  She used her frog watch box.  They chose a different tree.  If we end up adding onto our house we will knock down the tree where her other frogs are buried.  They even made a cute tombstone for him.  I was proud of Jorja for being so grownup about this.  It was a really hard day for her, but she handled it pretty well.  Love that precious little girl with a gigantic heart.
Jorja
 Pebble's grave

No comments: