Wednesday, July 17, 2013

More Swimming

Today was the last regular swim meet of the season.  It was long and HOT!  Both kids improved their times.  Jorja did her 50 free in 52.56 (not her fastest), her 50 breast in 57.04 (beat her time by 2 seconds), and her 50 back stroke (which she hates) in 1:01.78 (beat her time by 11 seconds!)
Jorja - breast stroke
Preston also got his two fastest times!  Granted his two fastest times are still pretty darn slow, but he is adorable to watch swim!  Preston swam the 25 free in 1:08.47 (beat his time by 23 seconds!) and the 25 back in 1:00.53 (beat his time by 11 seconds)  Wow!  I think it is so funny that his backstroke time is faster than his freestyle.  Love it.
Preston  
 Ready for the backstroke
 Poor Preston is swimming crooked
 No worries, the kid next to him is crooked as well!
It started to rain lightly while we were at the meet.  We were sitting under a tree on top of a steep hill.  There was no good place to sit at this meet.  Anyway, this meet was really close to our home.  I texted Mike when Preston was done and asked him to take him home.  I was worried if it started to rain hard, lightning....etc.  Mike stayed home during the meet to work on the boys' room.  When the meet was finally over - the other team had a lot of kids - Jorja and I were so excited to go home.  It was then that I realized I sent my keys home with Mike. Whoops.  Long day, so tired when I got home!  

No comments: