Saturday, July 6, 2013

Grandpa's High School Medal

Mike and I worked all day on the Amazing Race activity we are planning for the youth on Tuesday.  We were trying to get everything printed so we could assemble the clues at the cabin.  The only problem was, we ran out of cardstock.  We got about half of the clues printed.  I guess you can only do what you can do.  

We also spent a couple of hours meeting with an architect about the addition we are hoping to do on our house.  No one seems to take my idea of a slide seriously.  I'm thinking, how hard can it be?  Who wouldn't want a slide in their house?  Whatever.....

Around lunch time Matt met us at our house.  We then headed out to Idaho!  One of my favorite places in the entire world!  Maysen even drove for a little bit.  She did not want to do that at all, but we kind of insisted.
Mike letting Padz drive
We stopped in Idaho for a couple of hours to visit my grandparents.  I had hoped to spend the night with them, but we had to shorten our trip in order to get back for the Amazing Race.  At least we got to see them. We just talked and I took a bunch of pictures.  I can't help it if my grandparents are awesome.
Grandpa and Preston
 Grandma and Stockton
 Grandma and Maysen
For some reason I always get my finger in the picture.  Annoying!
 I couldn't decide on the pictures.  I just love them all.
 One finger-free picture of my grandma and Maysen!
 Millie is in a face-grabbing phase
Millie and my dad
 Millie and Matt
 Ange and Grandma
 Amelia, Matt & Grandma
My grandpa showed me a letter he got from his high school back in 1942.  They told him he earned a bronze medal and would receive it when the war was over.  He never received that medal.
My grandpa wrote a letter a couple of years ago asking for the medal. My favorite line, "Have fun with old people."  My grandpa cracks me up!
We were looking through Grandpa's year book.  He was a Student Body Officer.  The business manager.  He said he was in Utah working on the printing of the yearbook when Pearl Harbor was bombed.
Grandpa Parry - Business Manager
 Grandpa in High School
 Love this!  I think he had a girlfriend named Eulalia.  Haha!
No way she can be even half as awesome as my grandma!
After visiting with my grandparents we went up to the cabin.  We were able to meet Jordyn and her "friend".  Loved that!  I was pretty exhausted by this point, but did manage to get one win of Dominion in before I went to bed.

No comments: