Friday, July 12, 2013

Freak Out

You ever have one of those moments?  Moments where you just want to crawl under a rock.  Moments when your child is embarrassing you like nothing else and you can't make it stop.  That was today.  Preston.  Man oh man I was so embarrassed.  I know he is my little baby, and I love that.  I do not love it when he acts like a two year old.  It's just not right.

This morning I took Jorja and Preston up to the pool for time trials.  It was raining, but there was no thunder.  Warm-ups started at 8:30 and we got there probably ten minutes later.  Jorja jumped right in and said the water was pretty warm.  Preston stood on the side acting like a pansy.  What was really embarrassing was when one of the other kids was swimming in the lane.  As they touched the wall Preston got splashed.  Boy did he let that poor kid have it.  He screamed and cried. Preston - you are in a swimming suit at a swimming pool.  A little splash isn't going to kill you!  I kept trying to get Preston under control but I was fighting a loosing battle.  Finally he got in the pool, but he continued crying.  I had had it.  I got him out of the pool, put him over my shoulder and carried him to the car.  That totally freaked him out. "No!  I'll stop crying!  I'll stop!"  Too late.  I took him home, dumped him into the house and told him he would have a speed bump.  I closed the garage door, but could still hear him screaming, "Don't do this to me!" Do what to you?  Take you home from somewhere you obviously didn't want to be?  He ended up opening the garage door.  He came outside and begged me to take him back to the pool.  Luckily he had stopped crying.  I told him I would if he was under control, but he would still get a speed bump.  When we got to the pool he had missed his first event. At least I got to see Jorja.  She swam her 50 free in 50.48, her 50 breast in 1:00.74, her 50 back in 1:14.17 and her 25 fly in 30.35.  Preston was able to do his 25 back.  He did it in 1:11.49.  That is his best time.  He loves to talk about how fast he is.  Cracks me up.

Preston picked a slip from the speed bump jar.  I know there are some pretty hard speed bumps in there.  I was excited for Preston to get one, because he totally deserved it.  What does he pick out?  Make cookies and deliver them to a neighbor.  WHAT?  The last thing in the world I want to do is make cookies!!!!  Preston laughed and laughed.  He was so happy.  I talked Jorja into making cookies with him.  Audrey was over too.  They made them and delivered them to Sister Newman.  She lives on our street and is Audrey's piano teacher.  Anyway, at least I didn't have to do it.  Preston sure lucked out of that one.

No comments: