Monday, July 29, 2013

Dive Conference - 4th Place

Stockton had his dive conference today.  All the kids came to watch.  It was kind of cold, and really crowded.  Stockton didn't do as well on his first dive as he usually does.  It was his one and a half.  Usually he hits it great.  He did in warm-ups.  This time his entry was more of a 40 degree angle, which isn't like him at all!  The rest of his dives went very well.  I love watching him dive.  I am so glad he has found something he loves to do.  I'm glad he is happy when he dives, even when he has slight mishaps.  He is awesome!
Stockton
 Stockton - 4th place
Stockton is on the younger end of this division.  He competed great against boys who are quite a bit older than him.  He was so happy to get on the stand.  That was his goal.  The other thing that was great about today was the two other divers from our neighborhood took 1st and 2nd. Only three divers get to go from each division, so we were so happy with this outcome!
Stockton - 4th, Jaxson - 2nd, Dustin - 1st
 Jaxson, Stockton & Dustin
This morning I drove up to Bountiful to meet with a therapist.  Mike an I have decided to have Maysen go to therapy for awhile.  Maysen is so awesome and amazing, I love her so much.  She has had a hard time making friends lately.  I know she is not bothered by it at all.  She loves her writing and her stories.  They are her friends.  That is great.  I love reading what she writes and I know I could never come close to being as talented as her in that arena.  But, three years is a long time to go without friends.  Maysen will be starting High School in a few weeks and I'm hoping she will be armed with tools to help her in this part of her life.  I want to look back knowing I gave Maysen every help I could offer her.  I definitely don't want to have any regrets and wish I would have done more.  Anyway, the therapist's name is Holly and she is really nice.  I think she will help a lot.

Mike and I told Maysen tonight about the therapy.  She looked at us with a big smile on her face and said, "Ouch."  Haha!  Love her!  Then she smiled and said, "So I get my own therapist."  She was so funny about the entire thing.  I am so relieved.

Now to a different, completely unrelated note.  More Bear Lake pictures. These are of Steve and Mike surfing.  I only have a few pictures of Steve which is weird because he was up forever!  He is really good at it and makes it look so easy!  Too bad I only have pictures of him holding the rope and falling! Oh well.
Steve
Mike was also good at this.  It took him a little while to be able to do it without the rope, but he was able to go for a long time.  A lot better than me!
Mike
 Weston
 Mike

No comments: