Thursday, July 4, 2013

Crowds

My family does not do crowds well.  Especially Maysen and Stockton. I'm pretty sure nothing stresses them out more.  Except maybe crowds with loud music.  Anyway, this morning we went to our neighborhood party.  We skipped the mini triathlon and parade.  Our cute 8-year old neighbor Audrey competed in the triathlon.  Wow.  She said it was really hard.  I told her she has now done one more triathlon then I have!  We did make it to the 4th of July breakfast.  The line was so long! It moved pretty fast though.  After awhile Maysen had had enough and was ready to go home.  Jorja and Preston wanted to stay.  I walked home with Maysen while Mike finished out the festivities.

The kids got to dive for money and pop.  $250 worth of nickels was thrown into each area, along with pop and juice - unopened of course. Jorja found the loophole and dove in the 10 and under category as well as the 10 and over category.  How did they not catch that one?  Jorja and Preston had a great time in the madhouse.
Waiting to dive for money
 Chaos
 Jorja with her loot
 Jorja and Preston at the park
Our pool is supposed to be fixed in a couple of weeks!  Yay!  It has been frustrating not to have the pool open during this incredibly hot summer! Anyway, I need to use the pool for the Amazing Race activity I'm planning next week.  Not to swim in, but it will need to be opened.  I did not want it looking gross and disgusting.  So, even though we need to drain the pool in a few days, Mike started cleaning it out for me.  He got it good enough for him to get in, along with Jorja and Preston.  I don't think it's ready for me though.  Still looks a little iffy.
Preston
Jorja made cookies and I made a bunch of treats.  We dropped off the goodies at Steve and Shannon's before Jorja and I picked up Stockton and the cousins to see Despicable Me 2.  I fell asleep a couple of times. After the movie, I dropped Jorja and the boys off at Steve and Shannon's and went back home to get the rest of our family.  We had Maysen drive to their house.  She did not want to drive at all.  This was the first time I have been in the car with Maysen driving.  Mike has done it a lot, not me.  Even though she did everything perfect it was still scary!  So weird that she is old enough to drive!
Maysen
Shannon did a great job with dinner.  It was so yummy and I gained 3 pounds.  Sadly, that is the truth.
Jorja still has a love for balloons.  She made a cute balloon hat today.
Jorja
 Taylor liked it as well.
I loved looking outside and seeing Stockton and Jorja playing kickball. It made me so happy!  Steve has a batting cage set up in his backyard. Preston wanted to try.  He was so cute!
Stockton and Preston
 Derek and Weston.  Steve helping Preston
 Taylor watching Preston
Jorja wanted a turn.  This was her first time ever picking up a bat.  I should be banned from being a Millburn.  She did so good!  She didn't miss many.  Pretty amazing for her first time ever!
Jorja
Mike then taught Jorja and Preston how to play Crack the Egg. Needless to say, that was a big hit.
Mike, Preston, Jorja
By the time fireworks came around, Stockton was exhausted.  He didn't want to watch them, he said he had seen fireworks before.  I made him come outside anyway.  Preston was nervous at first.  When I was giving him a sparkler he said, "I'm not so sure about this!"  He ended up LOVING it!  He loved the poppers too.  He told me to make sure I didn't put them in my mouth.  Thanks for the warning!
Preston
 Stockton
We got home pretty late at night.  The kids went straight to bed, obviously.  About five minutes later I went down to tuck the kids in. There was no one in Stockton's bed.  I let Mike know that I couldn't find Stockton.  Mike found him.  Sound asleep in the car.  Glad we noticed!  I wonder what Stockton would have thought in the morning if we hadn't.

No comments: