Saturday, July 20, 2013

Birthdays

Jorja and Preston were invited to Miles' (our neighbor) birthday party this morning.  They had a great time at Airborne.  I will need to take Stockton back there because they have added a lot of things for the older kids.  He would love it!  Anyway, Jorja and Preston had fun playing with Blake, Miles and Audrey.  Preston was finally brave enough to jump off of the high dive.  He was so proud!
Preston  
 Success!
I had fun watching Jorja climb the ladder.  She can hang on like a monkey!
Jorja
Preston was also great on the ladder - quick and steady.
Preston
Jorja and Preston were excited to give Miles a Minecraft Lego set.  He really liked it, although I was a little nervous when right before he opened their present, he opened a card with a $100 bill!
Preston
 Jorja
Preston ate his cake in the craziest way.  Just the middle.  Straight down from the top.  What a wacko!
Matt and Sam pulled up right behind me when I brought the kids home. Bubs and his family were already there.  My dad came right after.  We had an impromptu surprise birthday party for Matt.  My dad made Sloppy Joes and we had more cake.  The same kind of cake the kids had this morning!  We played a game Lincoln made up that took forever.  It was pretty funny.  After eliminating people one by one having them do all these crazy things, it all came down to who could pull the cat out of the Snorta bag.  Matt won, but you should have seen Sam take the stairs two at a time even though she is 25 weeks pregnant! (Or something like that.)

We were able to play a couple of Dominion games with Matt before he had to leave.  That was fun.  I was so crazy busy I didn't even get to call my awesome grandpa and wish him a 'Happy Birthday', but I thought about him all day long . . . does that count?  Anyway, my favorite thing about today was seeing Stockton!  He was back from a week of scout camp.  He had a good time and you could tell he was out in the sun a lot.  I'm so glad to have him back home!

No comments: