Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

We woke early this morning to finish packing and cleaning the cabin. We were not out as early as I hoped, but it was the best we could do.  I tried to get a picture of Lincoln.  His eye was totally swollen. He had a mosquito bite near his eye.  I didn't believe him when he told me he was allergic to mosquitoes.  Everybody gets itchy bumps, right?  Lincoln was so swollen it was crazy!  I guess he knows what he is talking about.
Lincoln and Stockton
We got home at about 2:00, I think.  There was a package on the doorstep for Maysen.  She got four copies of her NaNoWriMo story.  I was so excited about it!  Probably more than she was!  Seriously, so cool!
Maysen and her book
Mike and I worked non-stop getting ready for the Amazing Race this evening.  We had a ton to do!  Especially delivering all the clues!  Ange stopped by to see if we needed help.  We sent her to the store to buy last minute supplies that we forgot.  For example, I thought I had Windex. We were completely out.  How were we going to fill the seven small squirt bottles Mike bought me for the window cleaning station?  So glad she came!
My house right before we started the race
Ange agreed to explain the secret agent portion of the race to my volunteers.
 Preston before the chaos
 Sign on our fence
 Matt and my dad took pictures for me
I begged the youth to have an Amazing Race activity.  Not one person voted for my idea!  I couldn't believe it!  This January when we were planning the game each class had to come up with two activities.  One just fun and one service.  I told the girls that we were going the Amazing Race for our service activity.  We just were.  The youth sang to different people, frosted and delivered cookies, gave kids piggy back rides, carried logs to a log rack (haha!) and washed windows.  Service completed.

Mike helped me out a ton, as usual.  My activities would cease to be awesome if he wasn't helping me all of the time!  I am so lucky!
Mike has just started the race, the youth are running for their clues.
 Secret Agent
I imagined all the secret agents would be randomly spaced around the walking path.  Instead they were all bunched together.  Whatever.
 Jeff, Nicole giving Audrey a piggy-back ride
I have the most pictures of the station at our house.  It was seriously awesome.  The kids had to carry a log across a rickety ladder while they were being pelted with water balloons.  So awesome!  I wish I could have stayed the entire time to watch!  I have tons and tons of pictures of this, feel free to skip!  I wanted to have them all on here for some reason.
Carson, Kelsee, Harrison on the ladder, Megan, Alex, Andi
 Jorja, Quinn & Georgia, Harrison, Kelsee & Carson
Okay, I'm going to stop labeling the background people because I bet it will get annoying.
 Carson and Kelsee
 Jorja jumped in fully clothed with her glasses
 Melissa being pelted by Preston, Quinn and Georgia
 Melissa and Maysen
 Maysen
 Preston ready to get Maysen
 Maysen
 Ashley
 Ashley and Stockton
 Ashley
Stockton
 SUCCESS!
 Monson wanted to cross
 Bridger - Quinn is about to get him
 Riley - Preston is waiting for her!
 Preston getting Riley right in the face!
 Ryuhei
 Courtney
 James - Georgia is attacking!
 Athena
 Totally getting pelted by her own team!
 Ouch!  That had to hurt!
 Nicole - she helped me a TON putting this together!
 Beautiful girls!  Megan, Quinn, Alex & Andi
 Aren't those twins adorable?
 Quinn, gorgeous Megan, Alex & Andi, Georgia
 Paige!
 Josh attacking Darby - they were on the same team!
 Josh
 Preston
 Darby is shivering because he cannonballed Josh
Nick is crossing
 Nick
 OUCH!
 Whitney
 Zoe
 Emily
 Orland
 Jorja
 Matt and Jorja
Matt claims he crossed carrying logs standing up, dad just didn't take his picture.  A likely story.
 Matt
 Preston on the finish mat
I think everyone had a lot of fun.  There were some slight glitches along the way.  For example, one person called me because they had accidentally opened the ticket before the team got to their house.  One station called me as I was setting up the last station.  They thought they gave one team two tickets and didn't have one for the team that was there.  I was frantically trying to figure out what to do when they luckily found the ticket that was lost.  The thing I was most disappointed about was I had the cookies delivered to several different houses.  Once they got there they were supposed to give a child a piggy-back ride down the street.  I was worried about this because after I printed out the tickets I realized how long and hard that was going to be.  It was too late to change anything.  Anyway, after the race I found out that one of the teams just gave the kids a ride around the circle instead of down the street.  I was wondering if this was the ticket that got messed up.  Nope. It clearly had the intersection marked.  That was the team that ended up winning, but they didn't really do the most difficult challenge.  I kind of feel bad about that.  A lot.  Especially since they only won by a few minutes.  Oh well.  I think everyone was exhausted and had a fun time.  I am so glad this activity is over.  I'm going to sleep well tonight!

No comments: