Saturday, June 15, 2013

Urinetown

Busy, busy day!  Isn't every day busy?  Seems like it.  We started the day by cleaning the church.  The boys went with me.  Both the girls were still asleep.  They were asleep even after we got back!  Wow!
Stockton & Preston
 Stockton's turn
I left Mike home so he could get ready for my Young Women activity.  I was having a Personal Progress Open House from 9-12.  Each Presidency member is planning on hosting an Open House during the summer.  I chose June.  Because I was the first one to do this, I had no idea how many girls would come.  Especially since we forgot to announce it!  We sent texts to the girls letting them know, I just didn't know if they would come.  Mike made crepes.  We also had muffins and chocolate milk.  I was so happy because a handful of girls came!  Paige, Nicole, Melissa, Ashley, Zoe, Kelsee and Erica. I felt that today was so productive for the girls that came.  I was able to hit everyone one-on-one.  I was able to go through their books and remind them of things they had done and forgotten to sign off.  Plus, they sat around the table eating crepes and reading their scriptures.  So excited it turned out like it did.  (They all loved Mike's crepe maker.  They loved making their own crepes.  My girls think Mike is the coolest!)

While the girls were here, I got a call from Maysen's tennis coach. Yikes!  She had a tennis practice at 10:00.  I totally forgot!  I remembered this morning, and even left my car on the side of the road so it wouldn't get blocked in.  I just got to focusing on the Young Women and just plain forgot.  Embarrassing!  Maysen wasn't even up yet!  The 40 hours of being awake straight really did a number on her.  I didn't want to wake her, so I just cancelled the lesson.  Too bad. Anyway, when Maysen did finally come upstairs she was so out of it.  I told her that we missed her tennis lesson.  She said in a groggy voice, "Wait, it's Saturday?"  Haha!  Loved it!

After the girls left, Mike spent the rest of the afternoon working on the pool.  We are so frustrated dealing with the insurance guy and the pool guy.  One will say they are waiting for paperwork, the other will say they sent it, they won't talk to each other . . . by the time they get around to it the summer will have ended!  Even though the pool needs to be fixed, Mike decided to start cleaning it out.  (The guy was supposed to come last week to drain the pool.)  Anyway, maybe we can get it swimmable so we can use it for a couple of days before it gets drained and out of commission.  I wish we could believe people when they say they are coming . . . 
Preston
 The pool is always SO GROSS the first time it is opened.
 Preston with our broken pool
This is the biggest problem.  The lining got torn.  We don't know if the fiberglass underneath shattered.  They won't be able to find that out until the pool is drained and the lining is removed.  If the fiberglass is shattered we will have to fork over a lot of moolah!
Mike and I went to see Urinetown tonight.  Matt and Sam saw it twice. They loved it.  Matt because of the politics. (Corrupt politicians tax people every time they go to the bathroom.)  Sam liked the writing. We enjoyed it.  It was funny and a little strange.  Especially the ending. Matt & Sam surprised us as we were leaving.  They ran up to our car and hopped in.  We drove down the block with them then turned around and dropped them back at their car.  (They were picking up one of Sam's friends who was in the play.)  Anyway, it was great to be on a date night.  Except the call we got at intermission.  Preston was spitting and sticking his rear end in Stockton's face.  Stockton retaliated by hitting him.  Ugh!  When we got home both Stockton and Jorja were sleeping in the guest room.  Preston was asleep on the couch downstairs.  Looks like he cried himself to sleep.  (I did find out that Stockton hit Preston with a pillow, so at least that wasn't as bad as it sounded!)  Oh they joys of date night.

No comments: