Monday, June 24, 2013

Super Cold Swim Meet

We had a swim meet today.  It was SO COLD!  At first it was pleasant, just windy.  That was annoying though.  Julia and I were scoring the diving.  (Writing down the judges scores.)  The wind kept blowing the papers everywhere.  I tried to record Stockton, but I missed his best dive.
Stockton ~ 1 1/2
Stockton scored a 7 on his 1 1/2 and his reverse (which I didn't get on camera).  There was a girl judging for the first time.  Stockton's scores on his reverse were 6 1/2, 7, 5 1/2.  It was funny to hear a 5 1/2 after the 7.  One of the judges said to her, "Are you kidding?  Did you see his form?"  I was excited to watch his dive later, too bad I hit the wrong button.
Stockton ~ inward
Stockton scored his highest score of the season.  106.25.

The kids sold snow cones again.  Too bad the weather didn't help them out much.  Mike sang out, "Warm up with a cold snow cone!"  It was funny.  Luckily they didn't have to pay back the syrups this time.  Their expenses were only $15.  Stockton and Jorja both earned $25, Preston earned $10.  Preston was so cold.

The kids did great with their swimming though.  Preston makes me laugh.  I love watching him start his swims.  He is so cute!  I hate hearing my voice on the videos, I should have just tried to take a picture instead.  I think Preston took two minutes to get across the pool on his freestyle.  Adorable.
Preston ~ freestyle  
Jorja got her best time so far on her freestyle.  She even won her heat!
Jorja ~ freestyle 51.00
Jorja also swam her breast stroke in under a minute for the first time ever! (I think)
Jorja ~ breast 59.69
Preston ~ back stroke
Preston with his ribbon
 Jorja
 Preston ready for backstroke
They cancelled the meet after the breast stroke.  Jorja was so happy! She still had two events left to swim and it was getting very cold!  The kids came home, sat by the fireplace to warm up, then Jorja finished the day by making a balloon flower.  Isn't that what every kid does to unwind?
Jorja

No comments: