Saturday, June 1, 2013

Millburn Surprise!

I handed Maysen an application to fill out for a writers conference. When I looked over at her, she was filling it out with a giant pen.  Man, that made me laugh!
Maysen
The kids had their swim time trials today.  We had to be there at 8:30. After Lagoon, they were quite tired.  It was pretty cold this early, but the kids did great.  Jorja's times were: 50 breast ~ 1:08, 50 free ~ 58.78, 50 back 1:18.53, 25 fly 28.78.  Preston's time was: 25 free ~ 1:31.  Preston DID NOT want to do the 25 back.  I don't blame him, he has only done the back stroke in the kiddie pool.  Preston's funny to watch swim.  He swims in super slow motion, not a care in the world...

I was timing during the swim meet.  Mike took Preston home and exchanged him for Maysen.  Maysen had tennis practice.  As we were leaving tennis practice I got a call from Mike (my brother).  He said they were in Utah!  What?  They were free today.  I quickly called my dad, Bubs & Matt.  Luckily we were able to get everyone together about 4. Mike made fajitas and they were delicious!
Jorja was so excited to have a tree frog plate! 
 This can't be a good idea.  Abby & Blake
 Blake & Abby
Abby put on a bicycle helmet and thought she was invincible!  She drove Blake around in the jeep like a mad woman!  I managed to get one picture of them, but spent the rest of the time trying to keep them out of danger.  Oh man!  It was crazy!  Christen had no idea that Abby hadn't driven before.  She thought Blake was in safe hands.  Haha!  Those two had the best time!
Ange & Millie, Blake, Christen & Abby . . . doesn't Abby look like trouble?
 Millie with her Grandpa
 Grandpa & Millie
 Skye, Preston, Larkin
Preston was so happy they were here!
 Stephanie and Mike
 Christen, Stephanie, Mike, Dad
Right after the above picture was taken, my phone fell off the ledge. Broke the glass.  Sad.  Oh well, it still works fine.  I was even able to get a few more cute pictures.
Larkin & Skye
 Blake, Skye, Mike & Christen, Larkin
 Blake ~ he doesn't want to leave.  YES!
I was brushing Preston's teeth before bed.  His tooth was so wiggly!  I asked him if I could pull it.  He let me!  It came right out, no problem. He is very excited about it.  He is hoping the tooth fairy will come even though he is sleeping in the tree house tonight.  We'll have to see about that.  Jorja went and found the tooth necklace for him to put his tooth in.  When she opened the tooth she discovered the tooth fairy left the tooth from the last time Jorja lost a tooth!  How irresponsible!  Jorja wasn't sure what to do.  She finally decided to put Preston's tooth in with her tooth.  She wrote the tooth fairy a not explaining what happened.
Preston's first lost tooth
 Jorja and Preston
 Preston
Jorja and Preston are now in the tree house together.  Sleeping by themselves.  Mike brought up a tv for them.  They are watching Aladdin. I am exhausted.  I am supposed to teach a combined lesson on the priesthood tomorrow.  My plan was to spend today preparing.  Plans changed.  I'm really nervous.  Luckily I have been preparing for awhile. I needed today mostly to organize my thoughts.  Hopefully everything will go well.  At least it will be over in a few hours.

No comments: