Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Frying Pong

One of Stockton's "chores" today was to play his dad in a game of ping pong with a frying pan.  That went over well.  Mike wanted to have a fun one today.  Stockton has been working so hard on his merit badges. He had his Board of Review for Boy Scouts today and has now earned his Life.  Impressive.  It is pretty awesome having a just released member of the Stake Presidency as a Scout Master.  His goal is for every deacon to earn their Eagle.  Wow.  These boys work hard too.  Tonight they were out doing yard work at a members house.  Last week they cleaned up the extremely neglected church playground.  Stockton came home tired.  I love it!

Our Young Womens' President also has a deacon.  A side effect of our awesome Scout Master is I now need to step up my game.  I have been asked to try to have the Beehives earn their Young Womens' medallion as Beehives.  Or at least have them well on their way.  Luckily I have been working towards this already, I just will need to keep better records and check in with the girls more often.
Stockton playing Frying Pong with Mike
Mike just got back from taking Maysen driving.  This is the first time she has gone far enough to encounter stop lights.  She was pretty nervous.  They drove to a 7-11, got gas and doughnuts.  Maysen also wanted to practice parallel parking.  Mike think I needed a lesson too. Mike loves to parallel park. I swear he goes out of his way to find a tiny spot he can squeeze into to show off his skills.  I would rather park where no cars are and WALK!  Maysen did great.  She practiced three times and seemed pretty comfortable by the end.  Tomorrow is her first road drive with drivers ed.  I'm so glad Mike was able to take her out for a bit today so she won't be as nervous tomorrow.

No comments: