Monday, June 3, 2013

First Swim Meet of the Season

The kids had their first swim/dive meet of the summer.  It was up in Salt Lake.  I had to check Jorja out of school.  We were a little late, so Stockton didn't get a chance to warm up.  His first dive wasn't the best, but he did great on the others.  He scored a 92.9, which is pretty low for him.  At least he will have a good chance to improve!  I ended up taking everyone there at the beginning and staying the entire time.  It was a LONG day!  We didn't leave until after 8:00.  Mike was planning on coming but his jeep didn't pass inspection.  I was worried he would get a ticket if he drove up here.  He spent the time at home getting ready for my activity tomorrow.
Stockton ~ 1 1/2
 Stockton ~ reverse
 Stockton ~ inward
 Not a good picture, but how cute is Preston?
Jorja swam in five events.  The first was a relay medley.  Her last was a freestyle relay.  Jorja was assigned the backstroke.  She was not happy about that!  The backstroke is her least favorite stroke.  She did good though.  She was second when she finished.  Nice job Porge!
Jorja ~ backstroke   
Preston swam in his first official meet!  I don't know what his time was, but he was super slow.  He was not in a hurry at all.  He made it though.  He was pretty tired.  I was under the impression that the little guys got a ribbon as soon as they got out of the pool, just for completing it.  At least they did that other years.  I had told Preston that he would get a ribbon.  I guess they're not doing that this year.  Whoops.  At least Preston didn't hold that against me!
Preston ~ Free
 Preston.  He did it!  Yay!
Jorja's swim suit is a little too big.  It rubbed against her arms and gave her a rash.  I'm going to call and see if I can order her a smaller size.  It was tough because when we were trying on swimsuits, someone took home the size we needed to try on, so we had to guess.  We guessed poorly.
Jorja
 Jorja ~ breast stroke
 Jorja ~ breast stroke
 Two hand touch
The kids did great with the long day, but they were so cold towards the end.  I brought seven towels, but they went through those quickly.
Preston waiting for his turn
Preston actually did the backstroke!  Across the entire pool!  He has never even practiced that!  It took him forever to get across, but he did it. I was so proud of him.  What a trooper.
Preston ~ back stroke
Jorja improved on all of her times from the time trials.  50 free ~ 55.24, 50 breast ~ 1:07.56, 50 back ~ 1:12.69.  She didn't swim the butterfly. Great job Jorja!

I was a little frustrated that Jorja's swim cap was taken.  We paid $8 for a silicone cap and before it was even out of the package someone swiped it.  I don't think it was done intentionally, I think someone picked it up thinking it was theirs, not realizing there were different caps.  Although it was on our towel.  At least it isn't as bad as what happened to Ashley. Their car got broken into.  The glass was smashed.  Her dad had his work computer in the trunk.  It was gone.  Three cars were broken into. Glad mine was not one of them!

No comments: