Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day!

I got out of the shower this morning to find Jorja had made Mike breakfast in bed.  Waffles, muffins, milk and a cherry.
Today was a great day.  I hope Mike had a good day as well.  He does a lot better job with Mother's Day than I do with Father's Day.  I was pretty stressed this morning.  I was teaching and I didn't feel very good about my lesson.  Preparation wise, not material wise.  It was fine, just not awesome.  At least it is over.

Mike was busy today!  He cut a lot of flowers from our backyard for our kitchen.  They sure looked beautiful.
I had asked Mike what he wanted for dinner today.  He wanted to have Jorja help him grill steaks.  She was only too happy to do that!  She planned the menu a few days ago.  They worked on it together, everything turned out delicious!
Jorja
Preston got the first 'Speed Bump' of the year.  I think he didn't do his 20 minutes of reading.  Anyway, he pulled a slip out of the speed bump jar. It was baking bread.  NOOOOOO!!!!!  My last attempt at bread was a disaster!  Since it was Father's Day, I knew I couldn't pawn this one off on Mike.  Oh well, might as well jump right back on the horse.  The bread turned out great.  I can never get it as pretty as Mike can, but at least it was still delicious.  I figured out what I did wrong last time.  I couldn't find the lid to my mixer, so I held a trey over the dough while it was being mixed.  The entire 12 minutes.  I could only mix it on low or the dough would fly out of the edges.  Anyway, Preston's bread was looking the same.  This time I had the lid so we cranked up the speed. What a difference that made!
Preston's bread

I always let Mike pick out his own presents.  I never can even guess what he would like.  He likes getting cool stuff he doesn't need to feel guilty about.  He got a giant monitor for his computer....which is actually a tv.  He opened it up today and was really excited about it.  Too bad there were weird lines down the entire screen.  At least Amazon is great with returns.  We also gave Mike a 3 Wolf shirt.  Glow-in-the-dark.  Authentic from The Mountain.  He was pretty excited about that.

No comments: