Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Color Run

Jorja had a birthday party today for Kylen.  She wrapped the present herself.  Even though Kylen is one of her good friends, she still was afraid to go to his door.  I asked if she needed me to walk her.  She said yes.  I told her, "You realize I look ridiculous."  Again, yes she did.  I was wearing sweats for our youth activity with a skirt over it for a skit. Oh boy.  Lots of parents were there dropping their kids off.  Lovely.
Jorja
We had a camp kickoff activity today.  First was a presentation with every ward doing skits about one of the values.  Our value was Virtue. Athena wrote it.  She was a bum singing on the streets to earn money. We see her as we are on our way to the temple.  Athena has an amazing voice and sung a song that Monson wrote for her.  (Monson is Kanani's husband.  Kanani is our ward camp director.)  Anyway, after all of the skits we went outside for a color run.  Although there was no running involved.  People would come around with dried tempra paint and throw it in our faces.  I was saying something to Maysen when I got pegged one time.  Lots of chalk dust in my mouth.  I don't recommend it. Anyway, it was pretty fun and everyone had a good time being silly.  I think even Maysen liked it.
Maysen 
 Although Maysen didn't like that orange dominated her shirt.
 Camee and Jaime
 Lauren, Rachael, Paige, Sephora, Senora, Athena
Zoe, Whitney, Sarah
Riley, Nicole, Emily, Katie, Maysen
 Emily, Camee, Athena
 Camee with a chalk handprint
 Maysen at the end of the day
 Rachael, Zoe
 Stephanie, Nicole
 Stephanie & Maysen
Needless to say, both Maysen and I had showers when we got home. The paint is now *mostly* off.  Apparently Maysen laughed and told me I had red eyebrows.

No comments: