Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Big, Fat Day of FAIL

We had an amazing combined activity today.  Our neighbor is a federal judge.  He invited the youth down to his courtroom to participate in a mock trial.  It was quite awesome.
I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!
Whitney, Ashley, Nicole, Paige, Zoe, Riley
It was Paige's 14th birthday today.  Boo!  I can't believe I am starting to lose my girls!  We didn't have any girls come into the Beehives last year, so I have become quite attached to the girls I started with.  They are all going to leave me this year.  I can barely think about it.
Waiting for Judge Waddoups
Stephanie, Maysen & Stockton in the front row.
I won't even try to name everyone else!
 Maysen and Stockton were part of the jury.
Harrison (the judge's grandson) is the one with his feet up.  Haha!
 Johnny getting sworn in by Jordan
I thought today's activity was fascinating.  Of course Stockton found it extremely boring.  Seriously.
Jacqui, Zoe, Paige, Nicole, Whitney, Ashley, Riley, Stephanie
Why did I title this post 'A Big, Fat Day of FAIL'?  Well, this is what happened while I was gone.
Mike and his screwdriver eye
Mike's jeep failed the inspection and he wanted to fix it himself.  He didn't have the correct tool, so he was trying to use a screwdriver to pry something off.  It slipped and gashed him just under the eye.  I can barely even look at him.  It makes me feel so scared.  Look how close he was to jabbing his eye out.  Holy cow.  So lucky it hit him where it did. Mike said, "Of all the crazy things I have done, I can't believe I hurt myself this way!"  He usually wears protective goggles, but he was working on something in front of him.  He didn't anticipate what would happen if he slipped.  So sad.

Mike did not want me to take a picture of him.  I told him it was blog worthy.  He said that if I put a picture of him up I needed to put a picture up of my bread.  Maysen and I made bread today.  I have no idea what happened.  It was so dry.  I couldn't get it to work and it was driving me crazy!  I finally decided to cook it anyway and see what happened.  It was edible, but not pretty.  It was also not nearly as delicious as it usually is.  That was annoying.  At least we were able to eat my mistake.
Sorry loaf of bread

No comments: