Friday, June 14, 2013

10 Miles

I woke up pretty early this morning.  4:44 to be exact.  I thought about going back to sleep, but then I decided just to get up and go running. Plus, I was anxious to see where the kids had ended up.  First place I checked was their computers.  Maysen was wide awake!  She didn't even take a nap today.  She was still full of energy when she went to bed tonight.  She was up for about forty hours straight.  Most of the time was spent writing.  CRAZY!
Maysen in the morning.
 4:54 AM
The other kids had fallen asleep.  Preston was downstairs on the Thinking Chair.  Maysen said he crashed around 3:00.  Both Stockton and Jorja had put themselves to sleep in their own beds.  Stockton told Maysen that he didn't want me to take a picture of him in a weird place in the morning.  So, I took a picture of him in bed.  I'm not sure when they fell asleep, but it was after Preston.
Preston
 Stockton
 Jorja
So far Jorja has slept in a pull out bed in the boys' room all summer. Maysen now goes to bed later than she does.  She doesn't like to fall asleep alone.  At least the pull out bed is pretty comfy.

I got out the door at 5:03 for my run.  I was planning on running 9 1/2 miles.  Then I wouldn't have to run it tomorrow.  I have quite a full day planned tomorrow.  I ran up to the top gate, then down to my mom's grave, then back up to the top gate, then back to my house, then back to my mom's grave, then back home.  I knew I had hit 9 1/2 miles at the bottom of the big hill leading up to my neighborhood.  I decided just to keep running home.  Then I would have run for 10 miles without stopping.  The last hill is quite steep.  I can't believe I made it!  I finished at 7:00.  Ran for 2 hours straight.  I can't believe I did that. Neither can my knees.  They made me pay for it all day long.  I'm so sore!  It hurt so bad to go downstairs!  I ended up hobbling around the rest of the day.  Man, I'm getting old.

Blake wanted Preston to come play this morning.  I walked Preston over there.  I talked to Liz, Blake's nanny, for about ten minutes outside. Pretty soon we heard Preston crying.  Preston was bleeding.  A lot.  He had knelt down on their couch and something cut him.  I think he might have hit the zipper at such a weird angle in just the wrong place. We put a bandage on him and I carried him home.  As I gave him a popsicle I saw my neighbor, Stephanie, walking by.  I ran out and got her.  She is a nurse.  I wanted to know if Preston would need stitches. Not one of my kids have needed stitches or had a broken bone.  I am so grateful for that!  Stephanie came and checked him out.  She poked and pulled at his knee for awhile.  She couldn't pull a flab up, so she said he didn't need them.  Thank goodness!

The kids were all great today.  No fighting at all.  Sometimes the day after their big night awake is a little rough.  Mike put a Racing Tip in their cards for today.  It said, "It is extra important to be happy and polite to your parents and your siblings today.  You don't want to be grumpy the day after stay-up-all-night night!"  They weren't grumpy at all!  Love them!

Preston had a Detour today.  Print It or Sprint It.  On Print it he was supposed to help Mike print out something from the Marble Machine on the 3D printer.  Sprint it he was to run to the end of the street while someone timed him.  Preston ended up doing both.  He ran to the bus stop.  It was so cute to see him come running down the street in his pajamas & crocs.  He was so happy!  He made it to the bus stop and back in 3 1/2 minutes!  I think Mike is going to give him that challenge again tomorrow.

No comments: