Saturday, May 4, 2013

Writing on the Walls

Wow!  Today was a busy day.  Warning...I have a lot of pictures today that my kids are the only ones who will probably care about them.  We did have a really fun day.  I started out running four miles.  I ran down to the graveyard.  It was my niece Jessica's birthday.  I ran to the graveyard with a Happy Birthday balloon to put on her grave.  I bet I looked quite silly.  The next item on the list was cleaning the bathrooms.  Okay, not the kids favorite, but Preston seemed to have fun.
Preston
Blurry picture, but seriously, how can you not love it?
We spent most of the day working in the boys' room.  We took the wood that we peeled off the ceiling of Mike's old house and started putting it on the boys' walls.  Stockton asked if they could write on the walls we were going to cover.  He said he got the idea from my blog.  How cool I thought it was to see 'This wall wood' under the wood we peeled off. The kids kept imagining someone taking off the wood years from now. They spent hours doing this.  At least they enjoyed themselves!
 Stockton
 Preston
 Jorja wants her picture (that will be covered up) to be exact.
 Jorja and Preston
 Jorja
 This is what she was drawing.
 Maysen
 Preston
 Jorja, Maysen, Preston, Stockton
 Maysen and Preston
 Jorja
 Preston
 Stockton and Mike
 Even the ceilings weren't spared.
 Maysen helping Preston.  What a great sister.
 Stockton drawing his characters.
 Final product
 Maysen
 Stockton - His bed was here.
 Maysen's Red Panda
 They all traced their hands.
Jorja
 Maysen
 Stockton
 Preston
 I had to put this picture on here, for obvious reasons.
 Jorja writing in Chinese
 Translation: My name is Jorja.  I like frogs.
The kids also put activities on the wall.  Preston said that was a good idea, so whoever took the wood down would have some fun activities to do.  Awesome.
They played two games of marker darts.  Jorja won the first one, Stockton won the second one.
 Our height wall
 Preston was such a cute helper.
 Mike cut all the wood outside.  Luckily it was a beautiful day!
 The final product!  I love it!!!
 Well, only one wall is done.  Still I'm excited.
Jorja had a swimming party today.  She brought Jazzy home with her. Jazzy had fun writing on the walls too!  What a crazy, busy, fun, productive day.

1 comment:

Joe said...

That is an awesome time-capsul idea! Looks awesome! Got some amazing art in there, and I loved the "this picture will be on the blog!" photo!