Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Most Fattening Lunch

Preston got to eat lunch at school today.  All the kindergartners did.  He was so excited.  He hopped off the bus and said, "Mom!  That was the most fattening lunch I ever had!"  I'm pretty sure he thought that was a great compliment.  Chicken nuggets, ketchup, french fries, string cheese, fruit smoothie, chocolate milk.  He loved it.

Preston helped Mike with a project when he got home.  They were getting some of the cabinets up in our house.  Preston loves it when Mike is on call.  He likes to follow him around and ask him to play with him.  So cute.
Preston & Mike
 Preston
Stockton and Preston have their dive/swim class at the same time.  That is nice.  I was watching Stockton when I noticed that Preston's class had all climbed on the starting block on the other side of the pool.
Preston's class
I knew Preston had been anxious to jump off of the starting block.  He is using it more like a diving board, but it is adorable.  He was so happy jumping off of there.  At the end of class, he climbed in and out quite a few times before I made him get out of the pool.
Preston
It takes him quite awhile to get to the other side, but he can do it!
We had a YM/YW activity tonight.  We were down at the cemetery putting flags on the graves of all the veterans.  Next year I'm going to try to remember to bring something to dig into the grass before trying to put the flag in.  Sometimes they were really hard to get in.  The cemetery had little grids of all the veterans.  We had no luck at first.  I'm pretty sure the guy we were working with started in the wrong place.  We did the best we could there.  Camee was in charge of the list on our next section.  It went a lot easier!  The weather was great while we were there.  It turned out really nice.  Maysen and Stockton walked home, they did not want to wait while I rounded up all of my beehives!  They all walked home too.  It took me just a bit to find them.  They went to find Brother Kunz's grave.  He was their Sunday School teacher last year.  They were all teary eyed when they left.  Hard lessons.

No comments: