Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Spacers

Stockton needs braces.  Boo!  I really thought he wouldn't need them.  I guess he has a deep bite.  Something like that.  He also had a tooth that is sideways.  That could cause problems later.  He will need to have them on for about 18 months.  Stockton found out yesterday.  He thought about it and decided that he would be okay getting it done.  The orthodontist was really nice and didn't pressure us at all, so we could have easily said we didn't want the braces and hoped it wouldn't cause him any problems in the long run.  When Stockton asked me what some of the pros would be I told him, "Well, for one thing, your parents will pay for it if you do it now."  He saw the bill, so I think that was a huge incentive!  Anyway, Stockton got spacers in today.  He will get his braces on next Friday.

Our apple trees sure look pretty now.  Blossoms everywhere.  I know we need to thin them, but we still haven't learned a lot about that process yet.  Hopefully we will have as many apples as we did our first year here. That was awesome!
Beautiful Apple Blossoms
When you step back, the tree isn't as beautiful.
Kind of scraggly.  Oh well.

No comments: