Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sleeping Up High

We went to the cemetery today thinking that it would be less crowded. I'm not sure that was the case.  It was packed!  We were able to find a parking spot by my mom's grave, we walked to all the others.  It was a beautiful day, so no problem with that!  We took flowers to Jessica, my mom, Mike's mom, Mike's Smith grandparents & Mike's Hirschi grandparents.  They are all at the same cemetery, which happens to be about one mile from our house.  Perfect.
Preston
 Jorja cleaning my mom's grave
 Jorja
Jorja helped me clean Grandma Honey's grave.  It had a lot of bird droppings on it from being under the tree.  I noticed that on Saturday when I ran down here, so we made sure to bring wipes to scrub it away. Mike told me that she wouldn't care.  I said, "I'm pretty sure she would." Sharen was so clean when she was alive!  Plus, I can't do anything for her now, so this made me feel like I was helping in a small way.
Jorja & Stephanie
 Mike by his grandparents grave
The kids have been wanting to sleep in the tree house since Mike finished it.  They decided that today would be as good as any!  Hopefully it doesn't rain on them.  Mike is up there with Stockton, Jorja & Preston.  I don't think it would fit more sleepers.  Maysen and I are more than happy to sleep in our nice cozy beds.
Tree House
 Preston & Jorja (Preston is sleeping over the trap door.)
 Stockton
I hope they have a great night!  At least if it gets too cold they can come inside.  They will just have to wake up Preston first!

No comments: