Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Irony

On Friday, Maysen's English class was playing Capitalization Relay. When the teacher was explaining the rules she said that no one had ever had a serious injury while playing this game.  Mrs. Mikel used Steve as an example.  She said she didn't want him to break his arm.  **Names might have been changed to protect the identities** Anyway, while they were playing the relay game, Steve fell.  He broke his arm. The fire truck had to come to get him.  He hasn't been back at school since.  Poor guy.

New story.  As I was cuddling with Preston tonight he started talking about his butterfly.  Preston's kindergarten class each got a caterpillar. They named them and had them on their desks for the past few weeks. Preston named his caterpillar Inchy.  They were able to watch them until the were in their cocoon.  Once all the caterpillars were in their cocoons, they were transferred into a big see-through box.  When the butterflies arrive, the Kindergartners get to have a party.  They go outside and release the butterflies.  I have heard several people talk about how exciting it is.  Anyway, when I was talking to Preston tonight he told me that they let the butterflies go on Friday.  My heart sank.  That was the day Preston threw up on the way to school.  I said, "They let the butterflies go?"  He tried not to cry, but kind of sobbed, "Yes!  I love you!"  After every sentence he would say, "I love you."  He was trying so hard to be brave.  I felt so bad for him.  So disappointing. 

No comments: