Friday, May 10, 2013

Flags, Roofs, Porgies and Pirates

I was so excited when my package came.  I had ordered a P garden flag. Isn't it cute?  I had Preston model it so I could send a picture to the other members of the YW presidency.  The P doesn't stand for Preston. It is for Personal Progress.  The plan is to put the P in one of the girls' front yard.  She needs to leave it there until she completes something out of her personal progress book.  I was so excited that the flag was as adorable as I hoped it would be.  The stand should come sometime this weekend.
Preston - come on....smile for me baby.
 There you go . . . adorable!
We also had our rain gutters replaced today.  Although now we are toying with the idea of remodeling.  Wrong order, I know.  Oh well. Most likely we will just talk about the idea of remodeling and never get around to it; and our rain gutters would still need to be replaced.
Jorja was so excited to give me the Mother's Day presents she made at school.  She could not wait.  They were cute.  She is such a sweet little Porge.
 Jorja
My dad came over and watched the kids today.  He is sleeping over while Mike and I celebrate his birthday without the children.  As we were leaving, Preston was a little upset.  My dad said, "Anyone who cries will have to go with their mom and dad."  NO!!!  No one wanted to go with us.  Funny!  They know they can get delicious milkshakes out of my dad!

Mike wanted to go Anniversary Inn because they had a pirate room.  He was so excited about it.  Mike loves all things pirate.
We had dinner at The Roof restaurant.  The food was SO GOOD!  We ate ourselves silly.  We kept talking about how much Jorja would love it. They had signs for a Mother's Day brunch tomorrow.  We asked our server if they had brunches other days or only for Mother's Day.  They only have it on Mother's Day.  We were disappointed.  We would love to take the kids here, especially with waffles; but there is no way we could eat here two days in a row!  Not only because of the price, but mostly because our bellies would not be able to handle it!  Maybe next year.
Mike and Stephanie
We walked around Temple Square for a bit before heading back to the hotel.  We watched Pirates of the Caribbean and fell asleep completely exhausted.  It was such a fun day.  Seriously, that food was good!

No comments: