Wednesday, May 22, 2013

FHE Blocks

Preston tripped yesterday.  He was coming in from swimming with his towel wrapped around him.  He tripped on his towel and didn't have his hands free to catch himself.  I was at the airport when it happened, but Mike said he was bleeding a bit.  Anyway, today Preston's face is so swollen.  When he talks, only one half of his face moves.  Kind of like getting numbing medicine at the dentist.  It is so sad.  I tried to get a picture of it, but the picture definitely doesn't do it justice!
Preston
Preston is now swimming on the lanes.  I can't believe it!  I'm so proud of him.  Today he swam the entire length of the pool (without the kick board).  It took him a long time, but he did it!  Jorja did a 100 freestyle today.  I timed her.  She did it in 2 minutes and 28 seconds.  I have no idea if that is a good time or not, but she beat the boys she was swimming with!
Preston swimming to his coach Tripp
Stockton has started diving with the neighborhood this week.  Two of his friends are diving, Noah and Jaxson.  They are brothers.  That will be fun for Stockton.
Stockton - isn't this view amazing?
Monday Mike finished a project for me.  I have wanted these Family Home Evening blocks for a long time.  I am terrible at crafts, so I always procrastinate.  Mike just did it himself.  Well, I had been asking him for help on the computer.  I'm still mixed up as to how the new computer works..... anyway, I love them!  He did a great job.  I'm so glad he finished this for me.
My new blocks
Mike rolled the blocks and chose things for everyone.  We had FHE today.  I think we are just going to look at the week and choose the day, instead of picking one specific day of the week for FHE.  It seems like our schedule is constantly changing.  Anyway, Maysen had the lesson for today.  She did such a cute lesson, I wish I had videoed it. Describing it would be too hard, but it was short and very funny.
We let the kids roll the blocks to get the assignments for next week.  I doubt we will always do that.  We don't want the same person giving the lesson every week.  But . . . how can you resist rolling giant dice? We had to do it at least once!  Here is a close up view of the dice with our assignments for next week.
Jorja - conducting, Maysen - opening prayer
 Stockton - song, Mike - lesson
 Preston - closing prayer, Stephanie - treats
Anyway, speaking of projects that I don't finish . . . for Mother's Day my dad finished another one of my projects.  He put pictures in this tree I got back when we were in Nauvoo.  He was tired of looking at the boy that came with the tree.  Thanks for doing this dad!

No comments: