Friday, May 17, 2013

Fancy People Don't Smile

Busy, busy, busy, busy day!  It started early.  Mike made crepes for breakfast for Maysen.  I got everyone off to school while Mike took Stockton to IHOP.  Stockton had chocolate pancakes and loved them. Why did Mike take Stockton out to eat?  Because he got his braces on today!
Stockton after shower, before braces
Stockton said getting the braces on wasn't nearly as bad as getting the spacers in.  That's good.  He only has braces on the top teeth right now. With his bite the way it is, if he had braces on the bottom he would probably brake the brackets off, or worse - chip a tooth.  His bite comes down too far in the front.  They are going to try to fix the top teeth before they fix the bottom teeth.  Too bad.  I thought his teeth were going to turn out to be perfect.  At least I was really hoping they would be.
Stockton with braces
Stockton was pretty excited when he was told that cold things are really good for his mouth right now.  Especially ice cream and milkshakes. For dinner I made him a chocolate milkshake with a Carnation Instant Breakfast packet in it.  He thought he was in heaven.
Stockton
Why did Mike make crepes if he was going out to breakfast?  Well, Maysen had her AP Geography test this morning.  She had to be at the school at 7:00.  I was a little worried I might forget.  Friday is late start at her school.  That would be horrible.  Of course we didn't forget.  I was so nervous for her!  This class has been so hard!  Especially since Maysen doesn't like anything that falls under the Social Studies category.  Maysen texted me around 11:00 to come and pick her up.  She said the multiple choice section of the test was easy.  The 3 essay questions were another story.  She thinks she did good on one, okay on another, and not good on the other one.  She thinks she did good enough to pass.  I hope so!  She won't find out until July.  Even if she doesn't pass, this class has been good for her.  She has earned As in the class, so that will look good on her transcript, and she now has experience studying!  
After Maysen's test I took her to Cold Stone and then we came home and relaxed.  Maysen, Preston and I were in the computer room when I decided to try to find something in the filing cabinet.  I looked in, and to my shock what did I see?  SHIVER?  What the?  I have searched and searched this house for him.  I never thought to look in the filing cabinet!  Jorja says she remembers Preston putting him in there.  I don't know what he was thinking!
Where Shiver has been hiding
I wish I wouldn't have said anything until I got a video camera ready. Then I could have had Preston look in there.  Instead, as soon as I saw him I said, "Hello, Shiver".  That got Preston's attention!
Top drawer no less
Preston was so happy to have Shiver back!  I am so happy to have Shiver back.  It is crazy how much he loves that mangy puppy.
Preston & Shiver
 Shiver giving Preston love
Speaking of love, Jorja and Preston were playing at Audrey's house. Jorja ran home because she was trying to get a picture.  She said, "Apollo is hugging Preston.  It is so cute!"  She took my phone and ran away.  These are the pictures she came back with.  Ummmmm, yikes!
Preston, Apollo, Darth Maul
 Oh geesh
 Really Apollo?
Stockton, Jorja, Preston and Audrey played downstairs for a long time. They were making up plays.  When I asked Preston if I could take a picture of him he said, "Okay, but fancy people don't smile."  Except he pronounced 'fancy', 'fahncy'.  So funny!
Fancy Preston
Mike and I went to his Aunt Karyn's 75th birthday party tonight.  Her kids threw her a surprise party.  I can't believe she is 75!  She looks great!  It was fun to talk to Mike's cousins.  His cousin, Diane, told us how Scoop was her very best friend growing up.  They had stories of watching Mike's house being built, and hiking up there right after he bought the property.  It was pretty fun to listen to her.  She also said that she needed to get together with Steve so they can invent things.  I guess it runs in the family!

No comments: