Sunday, May 5, 2013

Chocolate Rolls

In our ward newsletter there was a question.  The first three people to answer would get cookies from Megan.  One thing you learn quickly when you move here is you always want cookies from Megan.  Well, anything that Megan makes is going to be delicious.  I love how Megan immediately sent the cookies Mike won to us.  I really, really love how she sent Zoe over the fence.  Zoe is one of my beehives and she always hops the fence when the activities are at my house.  I love that!
These two were too fast, I was unable to get an awesome picture.  I had to put it in anyway because I laughed about it most of the day.
Mike's hand collecting Zoe's cookies.
Speaking of things that made me laugh all day . . . Yesterday night Mike and I went to the store to pick up whole milk.  The rolls I was planning on making for dinner needed whole milk.  We also picked up chocolate milk and a few other impulse items.  This morning Mike realized we didn't put the whole milk in the refrigerator when we got home.  Luckily we managed to get the chocolate milk in the refrigerator!  Well, instead of running to the store on Sunday, I decided to try making my rolls with chocolate milk instead of whole milk.  I laughed about it the entire time I was making them.  Then I laughed when I was eating them.  It totally worked!  Most people thought I made wheat rolls, nope just chocolate. At least they were still delicious!
Mike took off the top of the golf cart the other day.  He has loved riding around in it.  As I saw him backing to golf cart out I said, "You're asking for trouble!"  He had a lot of fun driving the kids around like crazy!  He tried to pawn the cart off on me and have me drive them.  No way was I falling for that! Couldn't he imagine the chaos that would follow?  He's on his own with this one!
Lincoln & Preston
Mike holding onto Abbs, Stockton driving - yikes!
 Max & Ella
 The golf cart chasing the jeep
 I asked Stockton to drive Abby around.  Looks like he is getting too big!
 Matt practicing his fathering skills with Millie.
We ended the day watching The Amazing Race.  The team the kids were rooting for won, so that was fun.  They got to bed late, late, late!  I hope they won't be cranky tomorrow!

No comments: