Monday, May 27, 2013

Best Pirate Game EVER!

Today was a great day!  We worked in the morning.  I cleaned and Mike worked on the boys' walls.  My family came over this afternoon for hotdogs.  Our pool still is out of commission, but my dad & Matt had fun in the tree house!
Matt & Dad
It was nice having everyone over.  Millie definitely loves her mama! Matt, Preston, Mike and I played a game of Dominion.  I won.  Preston was close behind.

After the kids were in bed and our visitors had gone home Mike, Maysen and I decided to play a game of pirates.  It has been a LONG time since Mike won pirates.  Holy cow did he come back with a vengeance tonight!  He had a Galleon that was fully loaded!  He attacked ships with reckless abandon.  The navy went after him THREE times and he defeated the navy EVERY time!  He was unstoppable! I was quietly catching up, but with no real hope of winning.  Mike attacked a level 6 ship.  He sustained a lot of damage, but his victory was pretty much sealed.  I was wishing I had an attack card in my hand, or that Maysen would discard an attack card.  No such luck. What I did have was a treasure hunt card.  I had a cartographer aboard my ship.  I rolled a 3.  $6,000.  It was then I realized I could have won the game!  I was only $700 away.  IF ONLY I HAD SOLD MY FRUIT AND RUM!  It would have been the greatest comeback in pirate history! Well, in my recent memory.  I couldn't believe it!  Mike laughed and laughed at me.  Mike now takes his turn.  He has a treasure hunt and is able to reach the $25,000 goal.  Mike kept playing.  He wanted to finish his turn.  I guess to really run up the score.  He attacked a little wimpy 2 strength merchant.  MAYSEN ROLLED DOUBLES!!!  It sailed away from him!  Maysen hit the merchant with her crows nest and let him sail on.  I hit him with my crows nest and he sunk.  I rolled a 5.  I ended the game with $28,300; Mike ended with $27,900.  Haha!  I totally won!  Awesome!  Mike tried to claim that the game immediately ends when a player reaches $25,000.  I'm not sure if that is true, but because he kept playing I'm claiming victory!  SO AWESOME!  Can you tell I was excited?  Poor Mike.  It sure was funny though.

No comments: