Saturday, May 25, 2013

Backyard Concert

I woke up at about 6 this morning.  I did a 6 1/2 mile run.  (At least I hope it was a 6 1/2 mile run.  It might have been a little more or a little less.  I tried to drive the route with my car later to see, but the cemetery has orange cones everywhere in preparation for memorial day.) Anyway, I ran for about an hour and 10 minutes.  I was exhausted when I got home!  I wanted to clean the bathrooms before I took a shower.  (We don't make Stockton clean a bathroom when he has a camp out, so I thought I might as well clean all the bathrooms since everyone went camping but me!)  I had just started cleaning the first bathroom when the kids came home.  What the?  They must have packed up mighty early!  Actually, it makes since.  My kids are such early risers.  The thing Stockton hates most about camps is waiting for everyone to wake up.

Mike worked his tail off today.  He got a wall finished in the boys' room. He had to take down the wood he put up in order for it to line up right. He now has two walls entirely finished.  Well, no finishing touches, but it looks awesome.  I should have taken a picture.  I did take a picture of a new drawing on the wall.  Preston's picture of him inside a hammock, over a trampoline.
We had a backyard concert at our neighbors house with Athena tonight.  Athena has an awesome voice.  She had this concert to raise money for her sports fees at high school, and if there was enough it would go towards college.  Athena just took State in the javelin.  Besides being windy, the weather was great.  I went by myself.  The kids didn't want to come.  Mike was working on sprinklers.  At least Mike was outside and could hear the concert from where he was.
Athena
I accidentally got some lemon oil in Maysen's eye tonight.  Not a pleasant experience.  I wouldn't recommend it.

No comments: