Monday, May 20, 2013

17 Long Years

My mom died 17 years ago today.  She also died on a Monday, and today is a Monday.  I hate it when that happens.  I don't know why.  Today wasn't so bad.  I used to dread the entire month of May.  Mother's Day and my mom's death day so close together would get to me.  It is getting easier.  I think it is because my kids are getting older.  Or maybe because I'm in Utah now.  Whatever the reason . . . thank goodness!  I still miss her a ton.  I still hate cancer.  I still wish she was here.  I'm still jealous of people who get their children doted on.  The usual.  At least it is getting easier.
Preston with a picture of me and my mom.
We had Bubs family and Matt & Sam over for dinner tonight.  Sloppy joes and fruit pizza.  It was nice to have family around.  Matt brought over Mom's patriarchal blessing.  I have wanted to read it for a long time.  I never have before.  I'm glad he did that.  We also stopped by the grave and played Dominion.  Actually we played Dominion after we got home, not right there on her headstone.  Matt dominated, so he was happy about that.  I wanted a picture, because I always want pictures.  I wish Stockton were smiling more, but I think it was more about his braces hurting then about being grumpy.
Mike, Stephanie, Jorja, Stockton, Maysen, Preston
 Take two
 Matt & Sam
Preston wanted pictures of just himself.  By the grave, on the grave, and laying on the grave.  Wacko.  But a cute wacko.
Preston

No comments: