Monday, April 15, 2013

Waivers

Mike and I had planned on going back up to the house today, but when we woke up there was snow.  A lot of it.  No way did we want to drive up that driveway with all the chaos going on - giant trucks and tractors everywhere.  It was good to let Mike's back rest anyway.

I did think of one thing I forgot to write about.  Friday when we were up at the house my dad fell off a ladder.  Luckily he was like a cat and landed on his feet.  It did make a loud sound that caused all the workers to come running and check on him.

On Friday I left before Mike and my dad.  Preston was being watched by Liz who nannies for a family down the street.  She was able to watch him until 2:00.  Mike and my dad stayed another couple of hours. Anyway, when Mike came home his head was totally bleeding and he had a lot of dried blood on his clothes and down his face.  He said he was prying up rock and his crowbar slipped.  It made a huge gash in the top of his head.  All the water had been turned off at the house, so there was nothing to wash it with.  It looked so gross.

Saturday when we came back to the house Reece asked me if I could get my family to sign waivers.  Haha.  That made me laugh.  They had everybody sign waivers, not just my family - but it was my family that made them realize they needed the waivers!

We had been so busy all day that we hadn't watched the news or been on the Internet.  When I got to the U with Stockton we learned about the bombing at the Boston marathon.  How sad. 

No comments: