Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sharen's Ring

Mike put the office cabinets in our dining room.  Wow do they look good!  Especially with Maysen's pottery everywhere.  I love it!
Preston
Mike and I went over to Lisa's today.  She gave us Sharen's 'everyday' dishes.  We now have a place to put them.  Lisa had a hard time this week.  I saw her daughter Melissa up at the house on Saturday.  Melissa said she was supposed to look around and see if her mom could handle coming up there.  Melissa said there was no way she could handle it. She was crying over just the thought of her house coming down, to actually see it would be too much.  We talked to Lisa about it tonight. She said she wanted to remember how it was.  She didn't want to see her mom's life work destroyed.  So sad.

Melissa also said that her mom had mentioned several times how she wished she had some of her mom's jewelry.  Somehow she didn't end up with any.  I asked her about it at the shower.  She said that she was out of town when they had the draft.  Aimee got a jade necklace that she wears sometime.  I have no idea obviously because I lived in Georgia at the time.  When we came in the summer after Sharen died, Scoop had me look through her jewelry box to see if there was anything I wanted. He assured me that everyone had already picked out things and this is what was left.  I picked out some simple bracelets and pins.  She had a couple of frog pins, so I thought that was cool because Jorja kind of liked frogs.  I had no idea she would turn out to LOVE frogs!  I have a feeling Jorja is going to love those pins!

Anyway, one of the things I found was a necklace with a diamond on it. Scoop told me it was Sharen's original wedding ring.  When Scoop gave her a new ring she had this necklace made.  Wow.  I now had that necklace.  I couldn't believe I had both my mom's and Sharen's wedding ring.  I loved knowing I had such amazing things to pass down to my children.

Today I gave Lisa the necklace with Sharen's wedding ring.  I just felt that I should.  Lisa really appreciated it.  She said she didn't want to take it from me.  I told her she wasn't taking it, I was giving it to her.  I told her it meant a lot to me, but it would probably mean more to her. Thinking about it later, that was the wrong choice of words.  I don't think it means more to Lisa, I just think Lisa needed it more than I did. It was super hard to let go, but I know it was the right thing to do.  I feel good about it, even though it hurts my heart.  I just wish I had taken a picture of the necklace before I let it go.

No comments: