Sunday, April 7, 2013

No Pictures

I was so worried I left my camera back in Idaho Falls.  Luckily I found it right as we were leaving the cabin.  Too bad I don't have any pictures for today.  This morning Sharon made us delicious baked oatmeal and corn pancakes.  Yummy.  We played Dominion and Liars Dice.  We also watched the first session of conference.  Our plan was to listen to the second session on the drive home.  Too bad the channel we listened to conference on the way up was broadcasting a basketball game.  By the time we found a station there was only one speaker left.  Thank goodness for DVR.  I'm glad I have conference recorded at home.  Conference is one of my favorite times of the year.  I love it.

I was looking at my Instagram after I got home.  One of my friends had a bizarre post.  She went to the Ordain Women conference - about women getting the priesthood.  Someone asked her how it was.  She said, "It was one of the most spiritual/empowering moments I have had recently . . . this IS going to happen."  I couldn't stop thinking about that post.  I kept thinking, "She doesn't get it."  It just made me sad.  I loved Elder Ballard's talk This is My Work and Glory I feel such peace when I listen to conference.

Mike and I talked Matt into staying over tonight.  Sam is in Europe, so he has no reason to go home.  Mike, Matt, Maysen and I played a few games of Dominion.  This weekend was wonderful.

No comments: