Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hike

Liz called and asked if Preston and I would want to go on a hike.  We did.  We piled into my car.  I wasn't sure where to go, so I just drove to Mike's old house.  Lots of hiking to do there - and it is super close.  I parked at the bottom of the driveway and we hiked around for about an hour and a half.  It was awesome, except for the part where Preston fell on his way up the driveway.  What?  He accidentally stepped off the concrete and fell towards the Woodhouse's house.  That was bizarre and he got a bit scraped up, but we continued on.  First we hiked on the new trail by the bridge.  We went around behind Mike's house.  Then we went along Tillotson's fence.  I had never done that before.  I had no idea they had a giant swimming pool!  Horse arena, tennis courts . . . they got quite the set-up there.
Preston and Blake
 Preston
 Preston and Blake
We finished the loop about an hour after we started.  The boys wanted to go again!  This time we walked up the rest of the driveway and talked to the workers that were doing the remodeling.  They were nice to us and let us wander around.  They just asked us to be careful of the dump truck that would be driving up soon.  It's crazy to see how much it is changing.  Awesome that we feel welcome here anyway.  I love this place!
Preston with the Tree Spirit
 Just past the Tree Spirit.
They are adding a road so that it will
connect them to their Grandma's house.
 Preston - Traditional playhouse pose
 Preston and Blake on 'Our Rock'
 Blake and Preston on the bridge
Blake is trying to be a statue.
What an awesome day!  I love my life!

No comments: