Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Glow

Our stake twice a year does a combined activity with the Teachers & Miamaids on Tuesday and the Laurels & Priests on Wednesday.  I have no idea why they don't do anything for the Deacons and Beehives. Sometimes the kids are really annoyed by this.  Knowing this was coming, I set up an activity for just the Deacons and Beehives of our ward.  We played glow-in-the-dark volleyball.  I have 9 beehives.  8 that come regularly.  They all LOVE volleyball.  Courtney is almost 6 feet tall and plays on a competitive volleyball team.  Anyway, Mike set up the black lights for me.  We put glowing bracelets all over the net.  The kids loved it.  I bet they had more fun then they would have at the stake activity.  We had a great turnout as well.  8 of my beehives and 13 deacons.  It was the perfect amount of people.  I did this as a combined activity last year.  When all the youth were there it was a little too crowded.  I made Stockton's favorite brownies for him.  Maysen doesn't like them.  Stockton was at my activity and Maysen wasn't, so it was perfect timing.  I sure love my calling.
Jorja was complaining of a headache before bed.  Also half of her body felt numb, and she was seeing spots.  We're pretty sure she was having a migraine.  Her first one.  Not good.  Mike was plagued with migraines all growing up.  I sure hope this doesn't happen to Jorja.

No comments: