Monday, April 29, 2013

Dinosaurs, Bunker Hill, Golf Carts and Chess

I spent the morning with Jorja at the Natural History Museum for her 4th grade field trip.  I wasn't a chaperone.  It was so nice just to wander around with Jorja and not be in charge of anyone else.  We had lunch at the park.  The weather was beautiful.  I was glad I was able to go with her.
Stephanie and Jorja
Stockton had diving today.  The pool is going to be closed for the next two weeks, so this was his last practice for awhile.  At the end of practice Clark wanted to play with the mat on the water.  I couldn't believe that thing could float!  Not only that, it could hold all of their weight.  That pretty much blew my mind.  Stockton and three high-school boys (Nate, Keegan, Clark) played King of Bunker Hill for quite awhile.  (I'm not sure what the game is called, but we called it King of Bunker Hill when we were little - basically they were trying to be the one standing on the mat and would push everyone else off.)  Needless to say, Stockton loved it.
Stockton sitting on the mat
 So blurry, but Stockton was just pushed off
 Stockton as king
Jorja was so excited when we got home.  Mike got his dad's old golf cart fixed.  Jorja had fun driving around our backyard in it.  Mike also worked on the tree house.  It's kind of cool to have the boards from his childhood deck up there.
Maysen did not want me to take this picture because Stockton is creaming her in chess.  I thought they were cute.  Sorry about the oven mit on the table.
Stockton & Maysen

No comments: