Friday, April 12, 2013

Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang

Yesterday Shannon told us that there was going to be an estate sell at Mike's old house.  She said it would be from 8-5 Friday-Sunday.  We weren't sure what they were selling, but we thought we would check it out.  I actually met the new owners last January.  They are really nice and made us feel so welcome.  Their names are Jed and Alisha.  They are a little younger than us.  Alisha's mom lives next door - well, as near as next door as you can get.  She bought the property for her daughter.  Jed told us they were going to do some remodeling and showed us some of their ideas.  Anyway, with this in mind we went up to Mike's old house.  I was kind of hoping to get a little wood from the ceiling.  I knew they were planning on redoing some of it.  We were thinking it would be cool to put the old ceiling in the boys' room.

We were so surprised when we got up there.  They had changed their mind about remodeling and decided to demolish it and build a new house instead.  Wow.  The actual house was being sold off piece by piece.  Mike was able to get some cabinets and the ceiling.  I always loved the cabinets in the kitchen, so I'm excited that Mike was able to buy those.  
Mike - kitchen cabinets
 Mike - office cabinets
This entire experience was completely bizarre.  It was weird watching Mike's house get torn apart.  Everything was going.  It was like vultures were here.  The were selling anything you could take out yourself. While Mike was working on the office cabinets, I noticed the beautiful curtain rod in there.  I went and found Reece (the builder) and asked about it. He sold it just minutes before I asked.  I thought that the handrail going down to the basement might be cool.  I looked up and it was being unscrewed at that exact moment.  It was really, really crazy.

I had to go and take Maysen and Stockton to school.  While I was gone I called my dad and asked if he could come and help us.  He did.  He spent the day helping us take memories out of Mike's house.
My dad taking down the ceiling
After a long day at Mike's house, my dad and I took my kids to a play at the Hale Center Theatre.  It was Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang.  It was pretty good.  The Baron and Baroness were so funny!  The spies were too.  It was a nice relaxing way to end the day.
Maysen, Stockton, Grandpa
 Jorja and Preston
 Jorja, Preston and Stephanie

No comments: