Saturday, April 6, 2013

90th - 70th

Today we celebrated my Grandma Parry's 90th birthday.  We also celebrated my Grandma and Grandpa's 70th wedding anniversary.  It was awesome.  I'm so glad I live close enough to come to these events. My grandma and grandpa are the best.  Seriously.  There are not enough amazing adjectives in the world to describe them.  They make me so happy to be around and have given me an incredible amount of love and service throughout their entire life.  I'm glad my kids know them.  It's hard for me to realize what an amazing grandma they could have had.  My mom would have become the kind of grandma to my children as my grandma is to me.  It breaks my heart they never had that.  Breaks my heart for my mom, my kids and myself.  I am so thankful that my children have been lucky enough to know my grandma.  When they are with her they can get a glimpse of my mom.  I love my Grandma and Grandpa Parry more than I can express.  I hope they are aware of how awesome they are.
Debie made a beautiful wedding cake for them
Bubs, Tarek, Grandma, Grandpa, Debie
There was a short program.  My grandpa, Uncle John and Uncle Steve all talked.  Uncle Steve wrote and sang an awesome song for them.  I asked him for the words.  I will put them down after this picture.
Take Us Back to '43
Steve Parry (2013)

Take us back to '43.
Set the stage that we might see,
How this family came to be.

You were young and couldn't know,
How your lives would touch us so,
Or how that seed would spread and grow.

Now you look back over all of those years,
All of those fears, and all of those tears,
Did you think that there'd be so many hearts,
Tied to your hearts forever?  Forever and ever.

          Take us back to '44,
          When the world was all at war,
          And your first child to adore.

          Take us back as each child came,
          Each recital, every game,
          Not a moment was the same.

          Now you look back over all of those joys,
          Grand girls and boys, and all of their noise.
          Did you think that there'd be so many hearts,
          Tied to your hearts forever?  Forever and ever.

As we ponder where we are,
Looking forward, near and far,
Guided by your shining star.

As we each move onward still,
Live life's triumphs, bumps and spills,
Our own journeys to fulfill.

We are grateful each that all of our hearts,
are tied to your hearts forever.
May that tie bind us to soften our hearts,
and keep all our hearts together.  Forever and ever.

Take us back to '43.
Set the stage that we might see,
How this family came to be.

 Grandma & Grandpa Parry
 Isn't this the best picture?  LOVE my grandma!
I loved the song Steve wrote.  My favorite part was Did you think that there'd be so many hearts, Tied to your hearts forever?  Forever and ever.  How awesome is that?  Just last month the 100th descendants of my Grandma and Grandpa was born.  My cousin Courtney had a girl they named Iriel Parry.  (Parry is her middle name.)  Amazing.  More than 100 people adore these awesome grandparents of mine.  I am so lucky!
Grandpa
I had to put this picture in there because Taylor makes me laugh.  I love this family!
David, Bubs, Camille, Taylor, Grandma,
Ella, Preston, Stockton holding Millie, Debie
My Grandpa and Stockton played basketball for awhile.  Stockton playing basketball with his great-grandpa.  So glad that Mike was able to capture these memories.
Stockton and Grandpa
Stockton doesn't like playing regular basketball, but he loves shooting the ball.  He made some amazing shots today.  Weird ones, like from the stage.  More than once.
Tammi put together a book of all 100 descendants.  At least three more will be born this year!  Rachel, Sam and Brooke are all expecting babies!  Tammi printed pictures she found off of blogs and facebook.  It was fun to look at the pictures she chose.  Sorry about the flash on these pictures, oh well.
#11 Stephanie and Mike
 #45 Maysen
 #47 Stockton
 #52 Jorja
 #64 Preston
 Mike & Maysen - Aren't they beautiful?
After the party we packed up and headed to the cabin.  We stayed at Steve and Sharon's cabin this time.  I talked Heather into staying overnight with Eric and Aubrey.  I'm so glad she did!  She wasn't planning on it, but she grabbed some toothbrushes on the way up.  I really enjoyed having extra time with her.  We weren't at the cabin very long before the boys left for the priesthood session of conference.  They came back with a lot of ice cream to eat!  Talk about a perfect day!

No comments: