Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Spinner Dinner

As soon as Preston got home from Kindergarten, we headed up the mountain.  Skiing, just the two of us.  It started off a little rocky.  Mike had told Preston that he would buy him skis.  He meant eventually. Preston wanted me to buy the skis at the ski rental shop.  It took quite a bit of convincing to get him in the rental skis.  He also insisted on having poles.  I figured getting poles would be the least of my problems today.

We made our way to the Magic Carpet.  Preston LOVED it!  He thought it was so cool.  At first he was a little scared to get on.  He told the worker that he wanted his mommy to go with him.  I told Preston I would be right behind him.  He thought it was so fun!  We rode that three times before we went over to the lift of the bunny hill.
Preston on the Magic Carpet
 Preston with his poles
 Preston on the ski lift
Preston was pretty nervous going down this hill.  He wanted me to do train with him the entire way down.  That was really hard to do holding two poles!  I convinced him to stash his poles at the bottom.  He let me keep them there the rest of the day.
Preston scared me one time as he was getting off the chair lift.  He started to get off too early!  Luckily I had a pretty good hold on his upper arm and I was able to keep him from falling.  The worker yelled, "Good catch Mom!"  The next time we were up the worker kept calling out to Preston, "Not yet!  Not yet!"  Yikes.  That was so scary!  He reads and takes things literally.  Like everyone in my family.  The sign said, "Prepare to exit lift".  Maybe I needed to have a discussion on exactly what the word 'prepare' means!

Soon Preston became quite good at getting off the lift.  We practiced making S turns.  He liked that.  Once he got off the lift and started down the hill.  He sure doesn't need his mom now!  Well, that's not quite true. He likes to do the train when we get closer to the bottom.  He is still a little scared of that part.  I was so proud of him though.  He loved it!
Preston doesn't need his mom anymore
 Hi Preston!
 Awesome day!
While Preston and I were having fun skiing, Mike was making dinner with Stockton.  Stockton wanted to do "Spinner Dinner".  We have a spinner with 13 slots.  It is our Article of Faith wheel.  We spin it every day and say whatever Article the wheel lands on.  Stockton used that wheel and had something for different numbers.  1 or 2 = carrots, 3 or 4 = apples, 5 or 6 = chicken nuggets, 7 or 8 = scones, 9 or 10 = french fries, 11 or 12 = brownies, 13 = free choice.  Man oh man, it was a fried food kind of day.  Stockton did great getting dinner ready.  They made all the fried food from scratch.  He told Mike, "I never realized that you spend hours cooking dinner."  I'm glad he had such a good attitude today.
Stockton's dinner

No comments: