Sunday, March 3, 2013

Small Miracles

Yesterday I was in charge of a dinner for Youth Conference.  I was asked to get pizza, salad, drinks and cookies for about 40 people.  I waited until lunch time before I called to order the pizza.  For some reason they never picked up.  I called three times.  Finally I decided to drive down and place the order, but I wanted to wait until Mike got home from snowboarding with Jorja.  Anyway, while I was waiting for Mike, Becky called.  The youth ended up having pizza for lunch, so she wanted me to get sandwiches instead.  Thank goodness the pizza place never picked up the phone!  Small miracles.

I taught the combined lesson today in Young Womens'.  The topic was What is the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  It went pretty well despite me stumbling over my words.  At least the girls are forgiving.  I gave each of the girls one of my favorite quotes from Elder Holland.  "In a resurrected, otherwise perfected body, our Lord has chosen to retain the wounds in his hands and his feet and his side --- signs that painful things happen even to the pure and perfect.  Signs that pain in this world is not evidence that God doesn't love you."  I love that.  Love it, love it, love it.

No comments: