Friday, March 8, 2013

Preston's 1st Time Skiing

Jorja and Preston didn't have school today.  Mike is starting his on-call.  That means he doesn't need to go in to work until noon.  Preston has been asking for us to take him skiing, which is weird because he did not want to go before.  He was very adamant about that.  Anyway, Mike took Preston up this morning.  They were there first thing and were able to be the first ones down the mountain!  How cool is that? His first time skiing and he was able to be the first one.  He LOVED it! He told Mike that "This is the most fun I have ever had!"  Wow.  Glad he liked it.
Preston
 First time, first tracks
Jorja and I dropped Maysen and Stockton off at school (they had late start) then we headed up the mountain to meet Mike and Preston.  We found them on the ski hill and were able to watch Preston ski down.  He was so cute!  We were able to ski the hill at least three times before Mike needed to go.  Then I was the one in charge.  Yikes!  My first order of business was lunch.
Jorja and Preston at lunch
Then I decided I needed to be brave and I took them both up the hill. Preston got off the chair life without any help and he didn't fall at all! He was quite proud of that fact.
Jorja and Preston on the hill
 Preston and Jorja
 Preston waving
 Preston saying I love you
 Preston after he crashed
 Jorja and Preston
The last couple of times down the mountain Preston wanted to play train.  That is what Mike did with him to help him learn to ski.  The only problem is, I'm not a very good skier; and my knees are horrible.  I did it the best I could, but boy are my knees sore now!  We ended up leaving around 1:30, Preston was getting pretty tired.  He sure was a happy little boy though!

No comments: