Monday, March 4, 2013

Lazy

Stockton is so lazy sometimes it is hilarious.  For example, every morning the kids are supposed to make their beds.  This annoys Stockton.  Last night when we came home from diving, he practiced his piano and then went straight down to bed.  He always falls asleep incredibly fast.  It is his super power. I was putting a few things away in Jorja's room and talking to her for a bit.  I then went to Stockton's room to tuck him in.  He was already asleep on top of his bed.  I woke him up and had him get under his sheets.  He was not happy with me!  Before I go to bed I like to look in at the kids one last time and give them a kiss. I feel like time is moving so fast and I'm going to miss having them sleep in the same house as me every night.  I want to enjoy them here as much as possible. Plus, Stockton doesn't let me kiss him anymore. This way I still can.  Anyway, when we went into the boys' room, Stockton was again on top of his sheets!  He had already made his bed for the day.  Ridiculous!  I woke him up again and made him get under his sheets.  I know that if it came down to it, Stockton would spend the night freezing just so he didn't need to make his bed in the morning. Plus, what is the difference of making your bed in the morning and making your bed at night.  You still need to make it, just you don't get to be in cozy sheets.  What an adorable wacko.

I got a text from Ange today saying that they just found out Ella has been accepted into the Spanish Immersion program!  Yay!!!  I'm so happy for her and them.  Next year Lincoln and Ella will both be at the same school.  That will be so much nicer.  Preston will just be starting Chinese and Ella will be starting Spanish.  It's also cool that Bubs can understand what is going on.  Today Jorja had a science test that she was studying for over the weekend.  I do not enjoy science.  I tried to help her, but I was getting frustrated.  I asked Mike to help her.  He came back and said, "I have no idea what is going on, but Jorja seems to understand it.  The entire thing is in Chinese!"  She had a science test on rocks and soil.  Completely in Chinese.  Jorja got 100%.  She blows my mind!

One annoying thing that happened today.  I took Stockton to get a haircut.  I took him to Fantastic Sams because I had a coupon.  After the haircut, when we were checking out, I handed the coupon to the lady. She said, "Ummm.  This is a Great Clips coupon."  Oops.  The haircut now cost me twice as much as I thought it would.  I wish I was better at paying more attention to detail.

1 comment:

Stockton said...

It's not lazy, it's just saving effort for the same outcome. When I wake up after sleeping under the covers, the sheets are tangled up. When my bed is already made from the day before, I can sleep on top of it knowing that I won't need to make it later. You even said that I fall asleep incredibly fast. Would you toast each piece of bread separately, or would you toast both at once?