Friday, March 22, 2013

Fail

Mike and I went and got our snow tires off yesterday.  We are going on a trip for Spring Break and won't be back until after snow tires are illegal.  The bad thing was it snowed a ton today.  I thought I would still be able to make it up our driveway.  I was wrong.  I slid straight into the concrete on the side of our driveway.  Not cool!
I wanted to take the girls to get pedicures before our trip.  I had been looking forward to doing this for months.  I thought it would be so fun to go with them.  I had told them about it earlier and Maysen was not excited about this idea.  Grumble, grumble.....  I told her it was the price of the cruise.  Small price to pay!  Now I'm not a girly girl.  I got a pedicure with my friends back in January, and before that it was seven years ago....right before our last cruise.  I still thought it would be fun. Plans changed.  The Miamaids and Laurels were planning on doing baptisms at 4:00.  Maysen gets home at 3:30.  She had piano lessons from 3:30-4.  I thought there was no way I could get her to come with me and have a half way decent attitude.  I decided to cut my loses and just go with Jorja.  Little did I know that Jorja had been listening to all of Maysen's complaining.  She did not want to go.  I had already scheduled the appointment and I thought she would change her mind when we got there.  Nope.  She cried.  A lot.  She wouldn't pick out a color and she sat there with tears running down her face.  Luckily I let her bring in a book so she was able to get absorbed in that.  We got our toes painted the same.  Blue with dolphins.  Wouldn't a ten year old girl love that?  Jorja won't let anyone look at them and keeps socks on at all times.  I think she might have smeared them when she tucked her feet under her legs in the car.  Seriously, this shouldn't have been that hard.

1 comment:

FitzSimmons Times said...

Sorry about your car - funny that your girls don't like pedicures - and TOTALLY AWESOME that your house in Georgia sold!! YAY! Have fun on your vacation!