Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter

Today was such a long day.  Last night Mike and I were up until midnight packing.  I woke up at about 3:30 in the morning.  I couldn't get back to sleep.  I just lay in bed and watched as Florida sailed on by. It was really pretty and I am so thankful that my back didn't hurt the rest of the day.  Usually if I don't get up right away I hurt all day long.

We had a few eggs hidden in our cabin for the kids to find.  We woke them up, let them find their eggs and then hurried off to breakfast.  Not the most spiritual way to spend Easter, but it is what it is.
Preston
Jorja

 Maysen
 Stockton
Our scheduled time to get off the boat was 9:00.  Everything went really smoothly, thank goodness.  We took a bus to the Fort Lauderdale airport.  Then we waited.  We waited, and waited, and waited.  I think we had a five hour wait.  I wish there were plugs by the seats like there are in the Salt Lake airport.  That would have been nice.  I did find one plug and stood by it why Mike went and grabbed Preston's ds.  A lady came and was a little upset with me for claiming the plug.  She said, "I saw it and I went to get my things."  I just smiled at her and said I was only using one of the two outlets.  Luckily Mike was quick and we were able to get his ds charged for the trip home.

We travelled to Atlanta, Georgia.  It was such a weird feeling flying into Georgia.  I wish we could have stayed there for just a bit.  There are so many things I love about that place.  

We got to Salt Lake about 11:30 at night.  My dad was waiting for us, that was nice.  When we finally stumbled into our house I just let the kids crawl into their beds wearing their clothes.  They have school tomorrow.  Today was such a long day, after a wonderful week.

Looking back I don't think I would book a cruise on Norwegian again. We had a great trip, but there were several minor things that I didn't like.  I guess after traveling with Disney and Royal Caribbean I expected to be blown away with the awesomeness.  I wasn't.  There were definitely some things I did enjoy.  It was nice to be able to have dinner with just my family at the table.  Or Mike.  One of the minor things I didn't like was there drink policy.  We don't drink a lot of pop, so we didn't want to pay for the $60 unlimited drink card.  We figured if the kids wanted pop they could get it at dinner.  (Stockton is really the only one who likes it, maybe Preston.  Definitely not Maysen and Jorja.)   You couldn't order pop at dinner unless you paid for it.  Then we saw the drinks being poured out of 2 liter soda bottles.  That's crazy!  At least the milk was free at dinners.  Oh, and hot chocolate was.  They would bring the hot chocolate in a little pot so you could pour your own refills - that was cool.  I don't know why they are so stingy on soda.  Anyway, I guess I felt in several instances we were being 'nickled and dimed'. After paying so much for the cruise in the first place, I did not want to feel that way.  There were two dining rooms you could eat that were referred to as the 'complementary' dining rooms.  There were five or six dining rooms that you had to pay to eat there - around $25/person.  No way was I going to pay for food when we already paid.  That was what confused me about the complementary term.  We already paid for this. Anyway, I heard the really good food was in the other restaurants. That's okay, we ate and ate and ate just fine.

No comments: