Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day At Sea

Today was a pretty great day.  We did absolutely nothing.  I spent a lot of time on the balcony reading.  The day was overcast and I felt like I was in the shade.  I can’t believe I got sunburned! 

We went to a family circus thing where we got to practice juggling and things like that.  We also went to a family pizza making thing.  I thought we would get to throw pizza dough etc, but we just made individual pizzas and ate them.  At least most of my kids like pizza.  We took the kids to the pool.  Big mistake.  A band was playing right then.  My kids don’t deal well with loud noises.  There was lots of drunk people dancing though…..  Stockton and Preston went down the waterslide.  I was so excited to have a waterslide on the ship.  The only problem was it didn’t work very well.  They both had to push themselves most of the way down. 
Maysen  
 Preston
 Stockton
 Maysen
 Jorja
 Preston pushing himself down the slide
 Stockton pushing himself down the slide
Stockton and Jorja
Today was formal night.  It was actually ‘dress up or not’ night.  I looked pretty funny with my sunburn.  We had our kids dress up and eat with us in a fancy restaurant.  They did great and didn’t complain too badly.  We even had a group  of people come up and ask us if we were Christan.  It took awhile for us to figure out what they wanted to know.  I guess we have been out of Georgia for awhile.  We laughed and said yes.  They said, “A pastor and his wife?”  Nope.  They said our kids were very well behaved.  I said, “Well, they have spent many hours in church.”
These next few pictures were taken on our balcony.
Stockton, Maysen, Preston, Stephanie, Jorja, Mike
 Stockton, Maysen, Preston, Jorja and Padz
 
 Stephanie and Mike
 Stockton, Maysen, Preston, Jorja
 Maysen
 Stockton
 Jorja
Preston
When dinner was over we all went and played shuffleboard in our fancy clothes.  That was pretty fun.  We then brought the kids back to the cabin and got them ready for bed.  They were excited to watch Rise of the Guardians that came on at 8.  It worked perfectly for us.  We were able to go to the late show.  My throat started hurting so bad during the show.  It took all my concentration just to swallow.  Annoying!
Jorja
 Blurry picture, but you get the idea
 Preston, Mike, Stockton, Maysen
 Maysen
 Stephanie
 Stockton, Jorja, Maysen, Preston
Really Stockton?
 Preston and Jorja
 Today was a great day.  I love being with my family!

2 comments:

Oregon Millburns said...

Super cute pictures! Oh, and I love how you, Jorja & Mike are wearing the same things you wore to our wedding!!! :) It brings me back...4 years ago :) So jealous you got to go cruising! Looks like a lot of fun!!

Stephanie said...

Mike and I are wearing the same thing. Jorja is actually wearing the dress Maysen wore to your wedding! I love it!