Friday, March 29, 2013

Cozumel

Today was my first time ever in Mexico.  The weather was again overcast, but we had a great day anyway.  The kids picked the excursion for today.  This was their reward for reading the Book of Mormon in a few months last year.  They were excited about the water trampolines.  As soon as we got to the beach we headed for those trampolines – just in case the weather closed those as well!  We left our camera back on the ship which was so disappointing!  We played on those trampolines for about an hour and a half.  Mike and Jorja also rode a kayak and paddleboat.  We had hoped to go parasailing.  Originally we hoped to do it at Great Stirrup Cay, but it was closed because of bad weather.  This place also offered it, but again, closed because of bad weather.  Up the beach they were running the parasails, so we walked to a different beach and were able to get signed up.  Luckily we had just enough money to do it.  Preston did not want to go.  Stockton was trying to bribe him.  I told them that if he didn’t want to go I wasn’t going to make him.  Jorja said, “You made me get my toenails painted!”  I’m thinking, “Yes, having a 10 year old girl paint her toenails and forcing a 6 year old boy to parasail are exactly the same thing.”  Speaking of Jorja’s toenails, she is quite ridiculous.  Whenever her shoes are off she walks with her toes curled so no one will see her toenails.  Whatever.

Anyway, we got on the boat with a few other families.  Maysen, Stockton and Jorja went first.  I couldn’t believe it when I saw them get pulled up in the air.  There went my babies!  This nice lady heard me say, “I can’t believe I don’t have my camera!”  She took pictures of them for me and said she will email them to me.  I hope she does!  When Preston saw the kids up in the air, he decided he wanted to try it.  They were in the air about fifteen minutes.  They came back so happy!  Stockton said he almost threw up.  Now that would have been a sight!
My babies!  Stockton, Jorja, Maysen
 My guess is they had fun.
Mike, Preston and I went up next.  Preston LOVED it!  He wasn’t scared at all!  I was so proud of him.  This was my first time parasailing.  It was so pretty!  The water was two different colors of blue.  It’s weird because when you are on the boat it seems like you are going so fast, but when you are up in the air it barely seems like you are moving.  By the end of our fifteen minutes Preston was holding his hands out like he was flying.  So cute!
Mike, Preston, Stephanie taking off
 Coming back - Preston LOVED it!  So glad he decided to go!
When we got back to shore we realized we only had twenty minutes until our bus left.  We ran down the beach and made it back just in time.  Too bad we didn’t get to do any of the other stuff that was included in our excursion, especially the water slides.  Stockton really wanted to do that.   We all agreed that it would have been fun, but at least we got to do the parasailing.  We could do water slides at home.

Again for the show tonight we sent Preston to the kid area and we watched the show with the others.  This time it was amazing!  We watched a magician named Chip Romero.  The kids loved it and were laughing through most of the show.  Thank goodness!  It was absolutely wonderful!
Mike, Stockton, Maysen, Jorja
 Jorja, Stephanie

No comments: