Friday, February 8, 2013

Preston's Dinner

The kids didn't have school today.  We didn't do too much, but it was nice to have them home.  Maysen had her last orthodontist appointment.  She is done!  She started the 'metal in her mouth process' the day Sharen died.  Easy to remember.  So, that was December 6, 2005.  Poor Maysen.  She has a permanent retainer in her mouth, but she only needs to go back if she has problems with it.

Stockton went to work with Mike today.  He had an assignment for his CTE class where he had to follow someone at their job for two hours. He had a lot of fun.  He had a few questions he had to answer about the experience.  This is what he wrote.

Describe the duties of the person you job shadowed:  Make sure the site runs well, add new technology.
Describe one thing this person really likes or enjoys about their job: He gets to do lots of interesting things.
Describe one thing this person doesn't like about their job: Takes time away from home.
What education was required for this job? College, self-taught technical learning
What was one thing that surprised you about this job?  He has NERF wars!
Ask the person for one piece of advice about choosing a career: Learn everything you can about something you love to do.
Would you be interested in this job? I would be interested in this job. My dad uses computers a lot.  I like using them too.  Everyone has fun during work.  They shoot NERF darts at each other and put pictures of unicorns on their computer while they're gone.  It would be a cool job.

Haha.  Glad Stockton had a good time at work!

My dad took Preston to go pick up Max today.  Yep, that's right.  My dad had Max this weekend.  When they had the hearing on Wednesday on the custody arrangement, my dad's lawyer was there and filed some paperwork.  The paperwork basically said the court should do what was in the best interest of Max instead of just worrying about reunification with the mother.  My dad said that changed everything.  I guess now the judge was about to take that into consideration.  Wouldn't that be obvious?  I guess it isn't.  Patrice was mad.  She thought that she would be getting Max, wait out her 90 days and then be done with this miss. Nope.  My dad is really happy.  They have Max this weekend, then they will go to mediation when my dad and Cathy get back from Israel.  The arrangement my dad would love is to have custody of Max and let Patrice have generous visitation rights.  Then she could be the fun mother and he could do all the hard work.  He thinks that is what she would like better anyway.  We'll see what happens . . . .

Anyway, my dad was up here watching the kids while I took Maysen to the orthodontist and picked up Stockton from work.  Then he helped me work on my lesson.  When he left to get Max from school, he took Preston with him.  They went to Jungle Jim's and had a great time. Maysen, Jorja and I were playing Ticket to Ride when we saw someone walk up to our door.  I answered the door and found it was their piano teacher!  I had forgotten all about their lessons!  Luckily the older three were able to go first and my dad was able to get Preston home in time.

Preston made dinner today.  He has been planning what to make all week.  He wanted pizza rolls, chicken nuggets, strawberries, uncooked broccoli and cheese.  We made the pizza rolls and pizza sauce from scratch.  It turned out so good!  Preston was such a good helper!
Preston
Preston was most excited about what he picked for dessert.  Chocolate dipped waffles.  The kids loved them.  Well, I know Preston and Jorja loved them.  Preston was so proud of himself!

No comments: